Part 50

Hellooooo! It's been a while, but here's another little update! I'm glad you're loving my story, I never thought it would go this far, I'm trying so hard to keep it going!
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

Charlotte is now two weeks old, she's in such a good routine and motherhood couldn't be any better for me. I feel like the luckiest mommy ever. She's so calm and relaxed, and she's officially been registered.. Charlotte Lorna Dornan.

We managed to do a footprint and handprint for her baby book, she didn't really like it but they're super cute and the book is coming along great.

Today is shoot and interview day! both our teams have been here from early. They've all had chance to fuss over Charlotte and have cuddles and now we're getting ready. Though I've told them I want me and Jamie to dress Charlotte..

Mark's curled my hair slightly so it falls in soft waves down my back and into my face slightly. My makes up minimal as they keep saying I still have the 'mommy glow' which makes me chuckle. Jamie looks breathtakingly beautiful.

He's dressed in black jeans and a light grey saint laurent polo. I'm wearing black high waisted jeans with a belt and a light pink off the shoulder crop top. Once we're done Jamie picks something for Dulcie to wear and I get Charlotte changed whilst everyone has a coffee break.

Dulcie gets changed into a white dress with navy dots scattered all over and a tie that bows in the middle. She has some navy dolly shoes to match. "You look beautiful" Jamie wraps his arms around me from behind as I change Charlotte's diaper. "Stop you'll distract me" I giggle shoving him away gently. He kisses my cheek then goes over to the baby's clothes.

He grabs me a pink onesie with long sleeves. It has a little white collar and two bows on the chest underneath one another. I get her changed into it and lift her into my arms. "Mommy's angel looks so beautiful today" I kiss her cheek and rest her against my chest.

We head back downstairs and they tell us they'll have a few shoots inside the house and then a few outside. We decide to do the ones with just Dulcie and Charlotte first. Jamie props Charlotte up in her arms and she smiles widely at the camera as it flashes away.

Luckily, she's awake so they get some good ones of them both. One of them looking to each other, one of them both looking toward the camera and the last one is of Dulcie kissing Charlotte's head. I think that one's going to be my favourite.

Next they want a few of just me and Charlotte. I lay her in my arm and lift her slightly; her eyes slightly wider as I rest my hand on her stomach. They get one of me smiling at the camera whilst she stares up at me from my arms. One of me pulling a shocked face as she yawns and then one of her curled up on my chest whilst I softly kiss her head.

They get Jamie in to stand behind me and wrap his arms around mine, so his hands are curled around mine over Charlotte, we smile as they snap photos. He kisses my head for one of them and I giggle.

They then get us to do the same outside and we finish off with some of all of us, once they've got some of just Charlotte they pack away. We go through them with the ok! Magazine publisher and we pick four photos to publish. One of me and Charlotte, then me Charlotte and Jamie as front page, her and Dulcie together and then Jamie with Dulcie and Charlotte. Charlotte ended up falling asleep at the end so the cover photo is her asleep in mine and Jamie's arms.

They soon leave and Dulcie dashes off upstairs to get changed into something comfier. "That was sweet, I loved that.." I grin as I put Charlotte down. "It was.. I can't wait to read the interview and see the mag" he says and I nod, agreeing.

"She's not just our secret anymore" I pout and Jamie kisses me softly. "I know baby.." he pouts too, hugging me.

----

Jamie decides to give Dulcie a bath and I clear away from dinner, as I'm drying my hands from washing up I hear charlotte's faint cries from the bed room upstairs. I grab my phone and wander off to see her, Zepp following at my feet.

I head straight for her basket and see that she's got tears down her face and she's really going for it with her loud cry. I lift her out and place her so her heads on my shoulder and I gently rock myself side to side, trying to calm her.

It doesn't work so I lay her on mine and Jamie's bed, kiss her head gently and decide to take her out her onesie. "Maybe you're too hot" I mumble leaving her on the bed and kneeling on the floor so she can still see me. I take both her hands and she curls them around my thumbs, quietening down as her pacifier moves in and out her mouth.

"You're so beautiful, mommy loves you so so much.." I whisper, gently kissing her hands and then her head. She soon stops whimpering altogether and I smile, stroking her wet cheeks. "That's better, mommy hates when you cry" i lift her into my arms, I carefully pull my top up and see if she'll feed. She latches on almost instantly and I smile, watching her as I stroke her cheek.

A movement from the corner of my eye makes me turn my head, to see Jamie stood watching us. "Hey.. I heard that cry, is she okay?" He smiles shyly and I nod. "I think she's just a bit too hot" I pout, watching as her sits next to me. When she decides she's had enough milk I lift her and pass her to Jamie.

He helps her pass wind then he changes her diaper. We put her in a little vest and I change into my pyjamas, Jamie takes his top off and strips to his boxers before climbing into bed next to me. He rests Charlotte on his chest and I gently stroke her cheek.

"I think we want daddy to sing us to sleep again" i smile shyly at him, he grins shyly and begins to sing to her softly, kissing her head gently in between singing. Soon enough she's fast asleep and I kiss her head.

Jamie gets up and rests her in her bassinet and then gets back into our bed. "She's so tiny" he smiles as he pulls me closer to him. I nod and yawn. "She's very small.." I chuckle, resting my head against his shoulder.

"You know, I never realised it would be like this.. I was scared, in case I couldn't cope but she's the best thing that ever happened to me.. both of you are" I whisper, kissing his cheek as he grins. "I feel the same. I love watching you be a mommy.. it's so natural to you" he kisses me and I smile shyly.

We lay in quiet for a few more minutes, our fingers entwined on Jamie's chest, I let out another yawn and I feel his smile against my hair. "I'll do night feeds tonight baby.. you get some sleep" he whispers kissing my forehead. I smile sleepily up at him.

"Thank you.. I love you so much" I mumble as I fall to sleep. "I love you so much more.." I hear him whisper as my sleep gets deeper.

Sorry it's short! Comments appreciated ❤️