Part 108

I hope you are all managing to stay safe and well!
Here's the next update.. I hope you're still loving this story?!
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

Jamie is out playing basketball with my brothers and a few of their mates. It's 11 in the morning and me and char have just had a bath and got changed. Today we're going to play out in the garden and maybe FaceTime Dulcie later. I called the obgyn this morning just after I'd woke up.

She said the aches and the tightness around my bump I've been feeling are normal and they aren't concerned about them yet. She told me to monitor them and call back if anything gets worse. It's made me feel a little bit more calmer, so today me and Charlotte are going to have some girly fun before picking Jamie up from my fathers house.

First thing me and Charlotte decide to do is go swimming in the pool. She loves the water. She has a rubber ring around her and tiny armbands at the top of her arms. She splashes and kicks her feet, causing me to chuckle. "Mommy!" She squeals and splashes me with her hands. I gasp and splash her back carefully, making her giggle loudly.

Her happiness is one of my favourite things ever. I got so lucky with having such a happy and calm baby girl. She squeals more and I slowly move us around the pool, getting her to kick her legs out. She giggles each time and I can't help but chuckle at her. My heart explodes with love for her.

"You're too cute baby" I laughs, kissing her cheek before lifting her up and getting out. I dry us both and let her run off to the big trampoline over the other side of the garden. "Careful sweetheart" I pout, sad that I can't go on there with her. I walk slowly over to her and lift her up so she can climb in between the netting and bounce on the trampoline.

I stay close while she stays on it, watching her giggling and having the time of her life. I video her and take some cute photos of her laughing when she falls down. "You're a crazy girl" I laugh and she squeals. "Come mommy" she waves her hand to me and I rest my hand over my bump.

"Mommy can't play because of the baby" I pout and she frowns. "Oh no" she crawls to the edge of the trampoline and rests her hands over my bump. She leans forward to kiss it softly. I grin and kiss her head, frowning slightly when I hear our front door close. "Surely that's not daddy" I pout, getting Charlotte down and letting her walk with me to the house.

"Daddy!" She squeals excitedly but pouts when my mother opens our back door and looks to us. "Mama! Mama!" She squeals and runs straight to my mom, I watch as she lifts Charlotte into her arms and smothers her face in kisses. "Oh my gorgeous big girl, how are you? Are you being a good girl?" She grins and Charlotte nods, laughing.

I reach them just as Charlotte wraps her arms around my moms neck, hugging her. "Mom, I didn't realise you were coming round today?" I frown a bit as we head inside. "Well do you not know how to answer your phone? I've been trying to call" she rolls her eyes and I laugh a bit. "We've been playing outside and I don't get much signal out there. What's up?" I frown a bit.

"Your father called. Jamie's been taken to the hospital" she says and I stop in my tracks, the fridge door slamming shut as I let it go. "What why? What happened?" I stutter, looking to her as she reaches for my arm to help hold me up. "He's okay. Your father said he landed funny on his ankle and he can't walk on it" she rubs my shoulder and I nod a bit, sighing.

"Can you drive me? Baby's in the way I can't reach the steering wheel" I chuckle and she laughs, nodding. "Of course darling, that's why I came over.. I'll take Charlotte for you while you're with him." She smiles and I thank her; quickly heading upstairs to change into some leggings and a baggy sweatshirt which isn't actually as baggy as it should be thanks to my evergrowing baby bump.