Part 95

Hey everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long!
I hope you are all staying safe and doing okay..
Enjoy this update xx

*Jamie's POV*

It's been a few days since Charlotte's birthday party, we've been spending time with my dad and Sam before they go back to Ireland tomorrow. Today, Don has invited us all for dinner. It'll be at Dakota's grandparents farm. We've just gotten ready to leave, as it's an hours drive from our new house. "You okay?" I kiss Dakota's cheek as she gets her handbag packed.

"I'm okay.. I haven't been back there since my grandfather passed away.." she says quietly and I wrap my arms around her to comfort her. "I've got you baby" I kiss her gently and she smiles sadly "I know.. thank you" she whispers, leaning up to kiss my lips once more gently, before pulling away as Dulcie calls us.

"What's wrong?" Dakota looks to her as my hand rests on her backside. "Nothing Dakota. We are all ready to go that's all" she giggles, skipping back out to the hallway as I laugh softly. "Come on let's go" I take her hand and we head out to the car. My dad is driving us there so I climb in the back with Dakota, Charlotte and Dulcie are in the middle, behind my dad and Sam but in front of us.

-----

Charlotte is fast asleep by the time we get there, we get out and I help Dulcie out while Dakota grabs Charlotte, holding her on her hip with Charlotte's head on her shoulder as she sleeps. My dad and Sam get out and Dakota leads us round the back of the farm house to the fields.

We hear the general chitchat of her dad, mom and grandma as we head inside. We greet everyone warmly and Dulcie runs off outside with Dakota's grandma's dog. I watch as Dakota shares a warm and tight embrace with her grandma Tippi and I smile, wishing we had come here sooner. We've never been here before with the girls.

"Would anybody like drinks?" She offers and we all nod, watching as she wanders off, Mel and Grace following her as Dakota comes over to me. "Here, I'm going to see if Dulcie is alright" she smiles, handing me Charlotte who's stirring from her sleep. "Okay baby" I kiss her head and watch her leave.

Don engages me in conversation and once Mel, Grace and Dakota's Grandma have brought our coffees through Mel takes Charlotte from me and they take her out the back, making her giggle and babble as they all talk to her. Me and Don soon follow everyone outside, the sun is shining and it's peaceful out, such a beautiful place to live.

I spot Dakota and Dulcie down the end of the garden near the fence so I decide to go down to them, taking Charlotte from Mel on the way past. "Here's daddy look" Dakota says to Dulcie and she giggles, looking to me. "Daddy look!!" She jumps up and down, pointing to Beyond the fence. There's a group of horses.

"Oh wow" I grin, turning so Charlotte can see them. "You wanna stroke one?" Dakota aims at Dulcie and her face lights up, nodding her head fast. I laugh and follow as Dakota opens up the gate and lets us through, I shut it behind me and talk to Charlotte softly on the way to the horses.

"These are my horses.. well mine and my grandmas" Dakota giggles at Dulcie as she gasps. "All of them?! Can I have one?" Dulcie asks, gazing up at the horses as we stop by one. It's a light brown with a white stripe down her nose. "You'll have to ask daddy that" she laughs as I pout. "We'll see baby" I laugh, tapping Dakota's bum as I stand by her.

She grins cheekily and leans down, lifting Dulcie so she can stroke the horse. She's gentle and careful with each touch of the horse, it makes my heart swell with pride at how much of a kind girl she's becoming. I watch her as she carefully leans to kiss the horse on her nose, giggling softly. "This is biscuit" Dakota grins, giggling with Dulcie as she says hello.