Part 46

Hi!! I was meant to update this yesterday but I kept trying to put it off because I am so nervous about this!
I've never written anything like this labour scene, please let me know how I did & if there's anything I should've done differently!
I'd love your feedback!
Here's the day you've all been waiting for!
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

The next few weeks dragged, once we had gotten home from the red carpet event we packed mine and the baby's hospital bags, Jamie set the pram and the car seat up, which is installed into his car ready for when she comes.

It's July 31st so we have two days until my due date and everybody is getting impatient, each day I get a message from family asking if there's any sign of her yet. Jamie's nervous, I can sense it, the slightest move I make or slightest rub of my bump he's by my side asking if I'm okay. It makes me smile and love him more than I thought possible.

We have Dulcie with us for a few weeks, so when the baby comes she can adjust to her being here with us and so she can bond with her baby sister. "Dakota? Is my baby here yet?" She runs down the stairs and through to the kitchen to me as I scroll through Instagram on my phone.

"Not yet baby girl, but she is kicking.. wanna feel?" I reach for her hand and press it into my bump where her sister is kicking. She giggles softly and leans forward, kissing where her hand was. "Come on baby, you have to come now" she whispers against my bump and I grin watching, taking a photo of her. I send it to jamie;

*she's stood telling the baby they need to come now :') she's so cute! xx*

"What shall we do today?" I ask as Dulcie goes over to the fridge. "Can we play outside today??" She smiles cutely and I can't say no to that. "Go get your sandals on and we'll play outside then" I lean to kiss her head and she runs off. My phone vibrates;

*ahhh my girls ❤️ I'll be home shortly baby xx*

I smile. He's been out 'running errands' all morning apparently, part of me tells me he's up to something though. "Ready!" Dulcie runs back through to me then she runs straight out the door to the back garden, scaring Zeppelin in the process, causing him to bark loudly, which makes me jump.

"Zepp shhh baby, it's okay" I stroke his head, frowning as I get a slight twinge in my tummy. I rub it until it's gone and pout slightly, going outside to Dulcie. We play with her dollies for a bit, then she decides she wants to play in the pool, so we get her changed and put her arm bands on before she gets into the pool, I keep a close eye on her whilst I dangle my legs over the side of the pool.

"Dakota, when's daddy coming home?" She pouts, flapping her arms so she slowly floats over to me. "I'm not sure sweetie.. hopefully soon" I say, rubbing my bump again as I get another slight sharp pain. Dulcie swims off to the other side and I smile, watching her.

She soon decides she wants to get out, so we dry her quickly with her towel and decide to lay on the grass and colour in her colouring book whilst we have a few snacks. Whilst she's colouring I watch, and we soon hear the door go, Zepp barks and Jamie walks out to the back garden, holding a massive bouquet of flowers.

Pink and red roses, a mix of purple and yellow flowers and beautiful tulips in a big bouquet. I gasp as he bends to kiss my lips. "These are for you baby..." he whispers against my lips and I grin. "What for? They're beautiful.. I love them" i say as he slowly helps me stand up, I take them from him and take them inside before wandering back out to him and Dulcie; who is now looking up and watching me and her dad.

"Because I love you" he shrugs, sitting by Dulcie on the floor with his legs out straight in front of him. I sit between his legs and lean against him. "I love you" I say and smile sweetly.