Part 27

Hi! Heres another update!!
Hope you enjoy☺️

*Dakota's POV*

"Miss Johnson" my name gets called, me and Jamie follow Dr Naomi to her room. Its been just over a week since our anniversary and lovely time away, It's now the day of our second scan! We've both been sick with nerves all morning, neither of us had breakfast we was that nervous.

"Hi, how are both doing?" She greets us and gets us to take a seat at her desk. "We're good, nervous though" I giggle shyly and she smiles. "Well before we do your scan and check the baby, I just need to do a few tests on you, I'll need a blood test and then I need to check your blood pressure" she smiles warmly, standing up to get the equipment ready.

First thing she does is my blood pressure, she checks it then takes note of it on the computer. Next the blood test, I wince when I see the needle, grabbing Jamie's hand which he squeezes gently for reassurance. "I'm sorry, I hate needles" I apologise to the Dr as she chuckles softly.

"You're not the only one lovely, it'll just be a little pinch" she says reassuringly and I smile, rolling up my sleeve and letting her take my blood. She manages to get it first try, I watch as she takes two samples and places a plaster there once she's taken the needle out my arm.

"I'll just get these to be tested right away, if you'd like to make yourself comfy on the bed Miss Johnson, I'll be right back" she nods and I thank her, watching as she leaves.

We stand and go over to the bed, Jamie helps me take my coat off and I sit on the bed gently, he takes the seat right beside it. "I'm so nervous I feel so sick" I giggle shyly, holding his hand. "Me too baby.. everything will be fine" he kisses my head as the doctor comes back to the room.

"Now we'll do the scan, make sure the baby is okay and everything is growing and adjusting okay. We'll try and figure out your due date as well" she smiles warmly "that sounds perfect" I lay back and pull my top up over my stomach, revealing the very slight bump I have.

Dr Naomi wheels the ultrasound machine over and takes a seat. "This will be cold" she chuckles and squirts some gel onto my stomach. I take Jamie's hand and squeeze it gently, chewing my bottom lip.

She takes the probe and moves it around on the gel, spreading it as she goes. She doesn't take her eyes of the screen, neither do me and Jamie as we wait impatiently for confirmation that our baby is okay.

Suddenly the sound feels the room. The baby's heartbeat. For the first time ever we hear our baby's beautiful heartbeat. I let out the deep breath I was holding in and look up to the ceiling, giggling a little as tears fall from my eyes.

I turn to Jamie and he has tears down his face too. I smile shyly and squeeze his hand again as I look back to the screen. "Baby's heartbeat is strong, that's a real positive thing to have at eight or nine weeks" she holds the prove still on my stomach and points to a little flicker on the screen.

"There's the baby's heart flickering, and that's the baby. He or she is the size of a raspberry at the minute" she chuckles, pausing it to print off a few photos for us to keep.

She lets me wipe my stomach and sit up. I dry my eyes and smile, leaning to kiss jamie softly and wipe his cheeks too. "Our baby " I grin and he grins too, nodding. Dr Naomi hands me the scan photos and I scoot off the bed and we go over to her desk again, sitting down.

"I think we'll estimate your due date for September 2nd. You're nine weeks pregnant today, so you have about thirty to thirty one weeks left" she smiles kindly, typing stuff into her computer.