Part 96

Hey everyone, I'm so surprised at how fast I've managed to write this update!
It may pull on your heart strings a little, sorry in advance❤️
Hope you are all keeping well! Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

Dulcie has gone back to her mom and has just started at a new school. We FaceTime her everyday and so far, she's loving her new school, I know Jamie is glad she's getting on better there. She's told us about the friends she's made and that she's even been invited to sleepovers. Seeing her happy again is all we could ever wish for.

"Jamie..." I call as I walk downstairs to the kitchen where he is tidying up after breakfast. It's been four weeks since finding out we was having another baby. "What's up baby?" He frowns a bit as I rush through, breathless and flustered. "It's happening again" I rush out, stopping near the door; tears in my eyes.

"What's happening again?" His frown deepens as he sees my facial expression. "I'm bleeding" my voice is hoarse and my eyes are full with tears. His face drops and it makes my heart sink even more. "Okay... call your mom and get her to watch Char; we'll get you to the emergency room" he kisses my head when he walks by me, lifting up Charlotte into his arms from her highchair.

"I'm too e... emotional to call my mom" I stutter, wiping my tears that fall. "Don't worry about it baby, I'll call her and tell her we're popping by; I'll say it's last minute work.. you get whatever you need to take with you" he strokes my side and I hold my arms out to Charlotte; taking her from him and kissing her head. "I'll get her in the car ready.. thank you" I smile sadly and head out to Jamie's car.

I kiss Charlotte's head once I've strapped her into her car seat; she gives me the biggest grin and for a moment I forget about whatever is happening. I stroke her cheek before closing her door and climbing into the passenger seat. Jamie appears a few seconds later and gets in the drivers seat, starting the car and getting his belt on.

"Your mom said to just drop her off" he smiles a bit and I nod, taking his hand as he begins to drive. "It'll be okay" I say. I know he's worried, like I am. But he worries quietly and he shouldn't have to. "It will be" he kisses my hand softly, pulling up on my mom's driveway. "I'll be two minutes." He kisses my cheek and jumps out, unstrapping Charlotte and rushing off to my moms door, knocking before walking in.

Whilst he's gone, I take a second to silently pray. Pray for the health of our unborn baby. I'm deep in thought that I don't realise Jamie getting back into the car. "Is it worse than before... the bleeding?" He whispers, driving off again. "A little bit.." I sniffle; my bottom lip trembling. "I'm here okay, it's going to be fine" he squeezes my hand as he drives us to the hospital.

'Please be okay.. please let everything be okay' is what I repeat in my head as I stare at the road ahead whilst Jamie drives. He's deep in thought too but I can tell he's trying to concentrate more on getting us to the emergency room safely.

—————

It's now 2:30PM. We've been waiting in the emergency room for four hours to be seen. We're in a private waiting room, one minute I'm sat down the next I'm pacing. I've started getting cramps, they're like period cramps but it's all on the left side. "Baby sit down.." Jamie takes my hand and I take a seat next to him. "The cramps hurt" I whisper and he strokes my side.

A nurse walks through the door. "Ms Johnson" she smiles towards us and we follow her to a room. "If I can just ask you to wait here, your obgyn will be through in a few minutes" she smiles warmly, showing us to a room with a bed, a desk and two chairs on one side.

I nod and we both take a seat as she leaves. Jamie takes my hand and squeezes it supportively. A few minutes later Naomi walks in, and I smile a bit. Her face brightens when she sees me and Jamie. " hello, how're you both doing? How's Charlotte ?" She asks. "Charlotte is really well.. a cheeky little lady. She turned one a few weeks ago" Jamie smiles and she gasps.