Part 22

Two updates, aren't you all lucky!😉
I loved writing this update especially, I hope you love it too!🥰

*Dakota's POV*

Today is Christmas Eve, Dulcie and I have been baking mince pies all morning and then we coloured some of her colouring book together. Jamie made us all pasta salad for Lunch which we ate whilst we coloured and Jamie watched us.

He's currently bathing Dulcie after just having our dinner, then Dulcie will change into her new Christmas pyjamas and we'll get her to open her Christmas Eve box we made her.

I'm sat in our bedroom as I hear them coming through, Dulcie dressed in her Christmas elf pyjamas. "Oh you look so cute!" I grin holding my arms out for a hug. She hugs me and giggles. "Thanks Dakota, I love them" She grins looking down at her top.

Jamie kisses my head as he sits next to me. "Here baby girl, you need to open this" He hands her the Christmas Eve box with her name on. She gasps and takes it from him, putting it on the floor and opening it. Inside there's a Malteser reindeer bar, some chocolate coins, hot chocolate sachets with marshmallows, a new mug for her hot chocolate and a sachet of magic reindeer food.

"Do we put this outside daddy?" She good the reindeer food up and he nods. "We do, Shall we go down and make our hot chocolates? Then we can put the reindeer food out ready for them, we need to put some mince pies and milk out too" he stands, holding his hand out for me to come too.

Together we all head downstairs and i get a small glass from the cupboard whilst jamie gets the milk from the fridge. "Do you want to come pour Santa's milk out for him?" I call to her and she runs over to us, grinning. "Yes please" she stand between me and Jamie, I lift her up and she carefully pours half a glass of milk out, Jamie then puts it back in the fridge whilst we get a plate.

"Okay, pick two of your mince pies we made earlier" I say to her, smiling as she wander off to pick two. She tiptoes, gazing at the rest of mince pies before picking two of the nicest looking ones. We place them on the plate and Jamie brings over a carrot for the reindeers.

I then start making the hot chocolates as they sprinkle the reindeer food outside the front door. "Dakota I think they will definitely come to our house now" she says to me as she walks back into the kitchen. "I'm sure they will babe.. you've been a really good girl, I bet Santa's got so many presents for you!" I bend to her level, kissing her head before finishing off the hot chocolates with whipped cream and marshmallows.

"Okay the chocolates are ready " I call as jamie wander Into us, taking his and Dulcie's. "Come on then, we're going to lay in daddy and Dakota's bed and watch a film" he says, smiling at me. We head back upstairs and into our room. We find 'the polar express' and decide to put that on. Dulcie curls up inbetween me and Jamie, resting her head against my should as we watch the film.

She decides to eat her chocolates once she's finished her hot chocolate and soon we realise she's dosed off to sleep, so I take the empty cups downstairs whilst jamie tucks her into bed and kisses her goodnight. I head back up just as he's coming out of her room.

"Can we watch a film for a bit? Give her chance to settle in her bed then we will take her presents down" I smile as he nods his answer. We wander to our room and decide to put on love actually, and he holds me in his arms as we watch the film together, my head on his chest.

----

"Baby.. it's nearly midnight, Shall we sort Dulcie's presents out now?" He whispers, kissing my cheek repeatedly. I open my eyes slowly glance up at him. "Sure.. I'm sorry for falling asleep. I'm so sleepy recently" I pout, sitting up slowly.

"You don't need to apologise.. come on" he holds out his hand which I happily take, we go to the spare room and grab all of Dulcie's presents, quietly taking them downstairs and putting them around the tree.

"Did you want to drink the milk?" He holds it to me and I shake my head. "No thank you.. I feel a bit sick" I giggle, eyeing the mince pies. He drinks the milk, watching me. "Have one" he laughs and I take one slowly, eating it.

I glance back at the tree, smiling softly at the presents around it. Dulcie's stuff is piled high, Jamie's and mine on the other side. "I know we shouldn't do this... but can I give you one of yours now?" I pout turning to him, my nerves getting the better of me.

"Of course.. if you wanted me to?" He frowns a little and I nod, taking his hand and wondering over to the sofa. I grab the one I want him to open, sit next to him on the sofa placing the gift wrapped box on his lap.

He lifts it and frowns. "You're really nervous about this one aren't you?" He looks to me then starts unwrapping the gift. "You have no idea.. I feel like I could throw up, my hands are clamy, my heart is beating way too fast." I laugh a little, taking a few deep breaths to try and calm myself.

"Baby... calm down it's okay" he strokes my back gently once he's unwrapped the box. I look to the clock, 00:03. He lifts the lid on the box and takes out the note which says 'Merry Christmas X' I watch his facial expression change and I well up. This could go either way.

He then pulls out the baby-grow that reads 'i ❤️ daddy' He gazes at me, but it's hard to read his facial expression. He looks back into the box and pulls out my pregnancy test, my positive pregnancy test.

"Merry Christmas, daddy" I whisper, crying quietly with my hand covering my mouth. "Dakota... oh wow" he mumbles, leaning back and covering his face with his hand. I move the box out the way and gently move his hand, feeling his tears on his hand.

I gasp and cry more, leaning over and kissing him gently on the lips. He pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me. "We're having a baby" I whisper and his face splits into two with his grin. "Finally!! I'm so happy.." He chuckles and i giggle, taking his hand and standing up. He grabs the box and together we head upstairs.

He clears the bed to get in, whilst I root through my drawer. "this is something else.. to show you how big our baby currently is" I giggle shyly giving him the little envelope with a piece of card inside. He takes it out and frowns a little, seeing a apple seed sellotaped to the card. "Our baby is that small?" He gapes at me and I giggle "yessss they're that small. 5 weeks" I grin and his face splits into a big grin again.

"This is so surreal.." he pulls me closer and kneels down so he's level with my stomach, he lifts my night top up and places both his hands on my stomach, leaning to kiss it gently. I well up at the sight of him.

He rests his head against his hands for a few seconds before getting up, kissing my lips lovingly. We get into bed and lay facing each other. "When did you find out?" He asks, gazing at me. "I did the test on the 21st.. I realised I had missed my period by two days.. that's not like me..." I wrinkle my nose and he smiles.

"That explains the sickness you had yesterday.. and the weird craving for sweet stuff. I actually thought things were different with you the other day, I just didn't want to comment on it" he says, watching me. "Yeah.. i noticed a change in myself. My body just felt different, my boobs were sore.. they still get a little sore sometimes" I pout and he chuckles softly.

"I don't think I can ever explain to you how happy I am.. the best Christmas present ever" he grins and I giggle, watching as he gets tears in his eyes again, making me do the same.

"You're going to be the best mommy ever" he whispers, wiping his eyes. "I'm going to try my absolute hardest!" I sob and giggle at the same time. He wipes my cheeks gently, leaning forward to kiss me gently.

A short one I know! Comments are always appreciated x