Part 40

Hi! Here's a little update for you all, hope you're all doing okay!!
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

I wake to the smell of pancakes and bacon with syrup. My mouth waters instantly as my stomach groans. I hop out of bed carefully, make my way into the en-suite to use the toilet before washing my hands and face and then wandering off downstairs.

"Mmm Mama something smells beautiful" I say, walking through to the kitchen. She grins at me as she flips the pancake in the pan. "Good morning" she turns to me and places a plate with four pancakes on in front of me, as I slide onto a chair at the breakfast bar. "Morning" I smile shyly, reaching for the syrup and bacon.

"She's kicking like mad in here, I think she's excited for some pancakes" I giggle, stroking my hand over my bump as I stuff half a pancake into my mouth. My mom turns and giggles at me, taking a seat next to me with her pancakes.

"Did you need me to take you to pick Jamie up? " she asks me and I nod, chewing my pancakes. "Yes please, if you're not busy" I smile sweetly, grabbing myself another slice of bacon.

"I'm not busy until this afternoon darling" she says back, resting her spare hand over my bump as we eat our breakfast.

--

I knock on Jamie's hospital room door gently, entering. My mom decided she'd wait in the car. "Jamie?" I call, frowning a little when I see he isn't in bed. I hop up onto the bed and swing my legs over the edge.

He emerges from the bathroom he has in his room a few seconds later. "Morning Baby" he smiles, looking panty dropping hot. He's showered, changed into the grey Nike joggers and black polo top my mom brought up yesterday. He smells heavenly.

"Hey you.." I smile shyly as he waddles over to me with his plastered leg, standing between my legs. I lean forward and gently kiss him, letting it linger. "How're you feeling? Did you sleep well?" I ask, resting my hands on the back of his neck.

"I'm feeling great today.. I slept amazing, knowing my two favourite girls are okay.. did you?" he says, rubbing his nose against mine gently before pecking my lips. "I slept great too.. especially because I didn't have a certain someone snoring beside me" I giggle and his mouth drops open as he rests his hands on my bump.

"Ohhh, I see how it is" he smirks kissing me again. "I'm just messing. I missed you sleeping next to me.. but I did sleep well, better knowing you're okay" I smile shyly, we pull away slowly as his doctor enters the room.

"Good morning to you both, we've looked over Jamie's information and we would like to tell you he's okay to go home, you're being discharged" he smiles at us both, we thank him before he leaves.

"Yaaaay.. lets go home baby" I smile shyly at him as I get down off the bed. "Lets go home.. I'll phone Amelia in the car" he smiles, grabbing his bag before grabbing my hand and together we walk, slowly because of his foot, out the hospital and to my mom's car.

On the way back Jamie phones Amelia, she's relieved he's awake and that we're doing okay and are allowed home. We decide to invite her and Dulcie over for dinner tonight, as Dulcie wants to check daddy is really okay.

I kiss my mom's cheek as we pull up outside our house. "Thank you for everything mama.. we love you" She smiles and strokes her hand over my bump before I get out. "Look after yourselves" she says as Jamie kisses her cheek and thanks her too.

I unlock the door and help Jamie in, Zepp runs over to us, sniffing and wagging his tail, excited to see mommy and daddy. "Hi my boy" I lean down and fuss his head. Jamie wanders over to the sofa, sitting down carefully.