Part 72

Hey everyone! Just a short one today, happy thanksgiving to any of you that may celebrate it today xx

(EDITED) I posted a photo of the wedding dress I (tried) to describe)

*Dakota's POV*

I'm sat in a bridal shop with my mother, grandmother, Kelley, Stella and Grace. They've given us complimentary champagne as we look through their bridesmaid dresses and dresses for myself too. It's been a few days since our spa night away, which means Charlotte is having a daddy daughter bonding day at home, which I know Jamie has been so excited for.

"What are you doing for a honeymoon?" Grace smiles to me and I pout. "I don't think we'll be having one.. Charlotte will still be young, it wouldn't be right leaving her" I sigh a bit and my grandma tuts at me, shaking her head.

"Even if it's just a few days, you both need a honeymoon" she says and we all laugh at her tone. "Okay.. maybe then. We haven't really spoke about it. We're both just so focused on marrying each other so badly" I chuckle and my mom grins, rubbing my knee gently as she flicks through the leaflet.

"Ooooh, this bridesmaids dress is beautiful" she nudges me to get my attention, showing me a long light pink dress with thick straps that are sequinned and sparkly. "Oh I love that" I grin, getting the assistants attention and asking her if we could take a look at it.

She soon brings some out to us and my sisters go with her to put them on. "Do you have any idea what you want your dress to be like?" My mom asks me and I smile shyly. "I want it to be a bit fitted as I'm quite small in areas" I roll my eyes and chuckle. "Maybe a bit of a trail, but not too long, it would annoy me I think.. I think I want strapless too.. and a veil of course, lace detail" I smile and she grins. "You're going to be the most beautiful bride" Tippi says and I grin.

"I hope!" I say as the curtain opens and my sisters walk out to us. I gasp. The dresses are even more beautiful in real life. I stand and go over to them "what do you both think?" I ask them. "They're very comfy.. I'm not too worried about my boobs falling out either because the straps are quite big." Grace Laughs and I nudge her, laughing too. "I think you both look amazing" I grin and they nod, turning around slowly for my mom and Tippi to see the back.

"I love them" they say. They head back to get changed again before heading back to us. They discuss adjustments and other detailed stuff with the assistant and she writes it all on a piece of paper. I listen as they speak, gazing around the room. My eyes stop on a dress.

It's a lace and white at the top that goes over the shoulders. The laces looks like it'll go to my waist, it's fitted and detailed and beautiful. "Would I be able to try that on?" I point over to the dress whilst asking the assistant. She smiles. "Of course! this was new in this morning, would you like to follow me?" She says, going over to get it from the hook as I follow her to the changing room.

She helps me into it and buttons up the back. The white sparkly lace design travels down to my hips, It hugs me in all the right places. The trail behind me isn't too long, which is what I wanted. "Did you want to try it with a veil?" She asks me. "Yes please" I whisper, my hands touching the material. It feels amazing on me. Once the lace gets to my waist the bottom part of the plain sparkly material falls effortlessly down my legs.

She comes back a few minutes later. "Do you have short veils? I don't think I want a long one" I chuckle shyly and she holds a short one up. "This one is the most popular, let me put it in for you miss Johnson" she smiles and gently puts it in my hair. "Please.. you can call me Dakota" I smile as she smiles back kindly as she steps back once the veil is over my face.