Part 76

Hi guys! Here's another update! I've been a bit slow with writing because it's Christmas and I'm spending time with family as well as working!
I'm not sure if I'll fit another update in before new year, but I'll try my best;
Enjoy!
(Image above is the bed and the pyjamas I've tried to explain!)

*Jamie's POV*

We've just landed in Aspen. Dakota's brother Jesse is picking us up from the airport to take us to Mel's home. Dakota excitement is obvious as we get into Jesse's car. She hugs him and then he pats my back.

"You're really excited to be back?" I say to her as she fastens charlottes car seat in. "I haven't been here for about two years" she pouts and I kiss her. "I'm glad We're here" I smile and she grins. "Me too" she giggles, getting in beside Dulcie and fastening her belt. I get in beside Jesse and we all have animated chat whilst he drives us there.

Mel is standing on the steps to the front door as we pull up. She rushes down them and straight to Charlotte's door. "My little baby" she grins getting her out. "Oh hey mama, I'm good how are you?" Dakota rolls her eyes as she helps Dulcie out, laughing. "Hey come on, I've missed my granddaughter " she laughs, hugging Dakota before hugging me and then kissing Dulcie's head.

We head inside and I place the suitcases down in the hallway. We're greeted by all Dakota's family. Her dad, sisters, tippi, Kelley. Dulcie's in her element straight away. Everyone is asking her about Christmas and what Santa got her and before I know it she's off with Grace in the kitchen. The way they accept her as part of them will always overwhelm me. I swallow back the lump I get in my throat.

Don engages me in light chit chat as Dakota holds onto him, listening to us. Mel comes through with a coffee for us both and we thank her, taking them. "Tippi's cooking dinner this evening, we've got the girls, if you two wanted to go unpack go ahead" she smiles at us as she bounces Charlotte on her hip, tickling her neck as she giggles.

We thank her and head upstairs. Dakota leads me to our room. It's huge with a en-suite bathroom and a walk in wardrobe. There's cream walls with one that's painted a really light brown. the huge bed in the middle of the room has a upholstered bed-frame that's got white bedding and red and grey pillows scattered on.

There's a travel cot for Charlotte to sleep in that's by the entrance to the wardrobe. She's got a make up table on the wall that's white wood. I rest our bags on the chaise lounge at the end of the bed and she's watching me closely.

"You're quiet?" She frowns a bit, coming over and resting her hand on my back. "I'm just feeling really overwhelmed." I whisper, my voice hoarse and she gasps a bit, wrapping her arms tightly around my waist. Holding me. I kiss her head repeatedly as I wrap my arms around her in return.

"Talk to me" she whispers as I feel her kiss my chest gently. "I don't think I'll ever be able to tell you how happy it makes me to see your family accepting my daughter as one of them" I rest my cheek on her head, stroking her back. "They love her so much, like I love her so much." She looks up and into my eyes.

"I'm so lucky I found you and a family so amazing" I kiss her lovingly on the lips and her hands rest on my cheeks as she deepens it. I soon pull away, my forehead resting on hers as we breath heavy.

"We love you and we love Dulcie so so much" she smiles, kissing my lips softly once more before hugging me again. "I love you so much" I whisper and I sense her smile.

"Want to know a secret?" She lifts her gaze to look at me. "Yes" I stroke her cheek and she blushes slightly. "You're the first man I've ever brought in here" she smiles shyly, biting her bottom lip. Her confession takes me by surprise.