Part 107

Hello everyone!
Are are you all? I hope you are all keeping safe❤️ this is shorter than normal, I didn't really know what to write about I'm sorry!
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

"Everything is looking all good and ready for birth Ms Johnson" my obgyn smiles to me. I smile shyly back, wiping my bump before sitting up. "He's gotten himself into position okay?" I ask and she nods. "He's getting there. Using your birthing ball must've helped fidget him around in there" she chuckles and I laugh, taking the scan photos as she holds them out to me. "Thank you" I smile. "Have you thought any more about the birth plan? I know last time you said you weren't sure what you wanted yet" she smiles kindly at me.

"I was thinking more towards a water birth, but I'm a little worried.. especially because of the complications we've have with this pregnancy." I pout a bit and she reaches into her cabinet for a booklet. "This will explain everything about water births. So many women enjoy a water birth more than normal births." I take it from her and thank her. "We'll have a read through tonight.. I did see that we can have a room with a birthing pool and a bed, in case I change my mind.." I say; sliding the booklet into my bag.

"That's right yes. You're more than welcome to have one of those... I've never had a water birth but I've done many, the moms to be always find it more relaxing than being in a bed. They say the warm water soothes the pain." She smiles.

"That's good to know!" I chuckle. "How will the baby take his first breath though?" I frown a bit, a question I've had since my first thought of a home birth. "The baby doesn't take it's first breath until they reach open air." She says and I frown more. "They won't drown??" I whisper, looking down.

"Of course not.. whilst your baby hasn't taken it's first breath, they're still getting all the nutrients from you.. they'll be absolutely fine" she smiles reassuringly  "oooh okay.. I did get a bit panicky about that" I pull a face and she smiles. "I can make sure there's a room with both a bed and a birthing pool in so you can decide. It's your choice what happens on the day" she smiles warmly and I nod.

"Thank you.. I'd like that" I smile and she tells me that she shouldn't need to see me now until my labour, so we say goodbye and I leave her office, heading to my car. I'm sad Jamie couldn't make it today, but nobody could have Charlotte for us as everyone was busy.

I grab me and Jamie a salad from Starbucks for lunch, I get him a coffee and I grab myself a iced tea before driving myself home. I drop my keys into the trinket dish when I'm home, kicking my shoes off and taking off my coat.

"Jamie?" I call and he answers, from the kitchen. I smiles when I walk through and see him sat at the breakfast bar; just finishing off helping Charlotte with her lunch. "Hey baby.. you okay?" He smiles and I lean to kiss his cheek. "Hey.. I'm okay are you?" I ask; kissing Charlottes head; smiling as she calls my name. "mommy! Hi" she grins sweetly and my heart melts. "Hi baby girl" I grin.

I place our food and drinks onto the breakfast counter and sit beside Jamie. "We're good thank you baby" he kisses me softly and I smile; taking the scan photos from out my bag and showing him. "How was it?" He grins; taking a look. "Good. He's in position ready to come.. now it's just a waiting game!" I smile shyly and he grins. "That's a little exciting" he chuckles a bit and I giggle, nodding.

We sit and eat whilst Charlotte finishes her lunch off too. We talk about anything and everything; Jamie's hand resting on my bump as we eat. Once we've done he takes the rubbish away and I clean up Charlotte. "Ta" she grins, trying to kiss my cheek as I lift her. "You're welcome darling" I grin, kissing her head and putting her down; watching her walk to the lounge; Zepp following behind her.