Part 110

I'm really sorry it's been so long, I hope you're all still going to be interested in this?!

I hope you are all doing okay.
Here's the next update x

*Jamie's POV*

"Your wife needed a few stitches she lost quite a lot of blood, she's fine but when she wakes she may feel a little weak for a few days, she's sleeping now Mr Dornan." Dr Rashid explain to me. I nod slowly and stand, following him to her room. It's early hours in the morning now. I managed to get Charlotte dropped off at one of Dakota's friends house. I didn't explain what had happened, I just said that we had an emergency and needed someone to have her for the night.

"How's our baby boy? I haven't been allowed to see him." I frown, closing the door to Dakota's private room. "I'm on my way to check him now. He's with the intensive care unit having tests to check his lungs and his breathing." He tells me. "Okay.. will I get to see him?" I ask, taking a seat next to Dakota's bed.

"If all is okay with him, he'll be brought down to stay with you both.. he'll need his mother" he smiles warmly at me before exiting the room. I glance at Dakota, sighing heavily. "I love you..." I whisper, taking her hand in both of mine, stroking my thumb repeatedly over her hand.

It's silent around us. I give myself a few minutes to relax and catch all my thoughts. It's been a crazy night. Dakota hasn't even had chance to process any of it yet. I don't even know if she heard his first cry. I sigh heavily as she squeezes my hand softly, her eyelids twitching before opening slowly. She smiles tiredly and closes her eyes again. "Hi.." she whispers and I sigh.

"Hi..." I whisper back, tears forming in my eyes as I kiss her hand. After about a minute she opens her eyes again. "You gave me such a scare..." I cry softly, our hands resting on my forehead so I can hide my tears slightly. "Jamie.." she whispers. "I thought I'd lost you" I cry more, my voice cracking up. "I'm so sorry.." her voice is hoarse.

"You don't need to be sorry baby. I'm just so glad you're both okay" I wipe my cheeks and she reaches her hand up to gently wipe my tears with her thumb. "Is he okay? Where is he? He wasn't breathing and the cord was around his neck.." a few tears fall from her eyes as she tries to sit up fast, wincing as it hurts her. "Please be careful.." I say, helping her lay back slowly again. "He's with the nurses in the intensive care unit. They're doing a few tests on him to check he's okay." I nod a bit and she wipes her cheeks.

"I failed him.. I failed you" she cries and I shake my head, tears falling from my eyes. "Dakota don't." I say sternly. "You could never ever fail me. You make me more and more proud each day, and I think you're absolutely amazing" I whisper, kissing her head before wiping the tears from her cheeks with my thumbs.

She cries more, resting her head back. "Please don't cry anymore. It breaks my heart" I whisper and she nods, sniffling back her unshed tears. "They said he'll be straight back with us when they've finished. It shouldn't be too long baby" I squeeze her hands softly and she nods.

"Was Charlotte okay?" She frowns a bit and I nod. "I took her to aunt Addison's for a sleepover. I didn't tell them. I just said something had come up" I smile and she nods a bit, just as there's a knock on the door. It opens and in walks a nurse. She's pushing a crib on wheels.

"He's healthy and breathing very well. We thought we may have to keep him on the machine for a few days but he's managed well himself" she smiles warmly at us as she leaves the crib by Dakota's bed. "We'll probably keep you in for a few days to keep an eye on him and to check your stitches are okay" she smiles, looking to me then to Dakota.