Part 103

Hello everyone!
I'm hoping you are all well and healthy ready for Christmas. Here's my next update, I hope you enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

I wake with a cloudy head. The clock on the bedside table says it's 7:59 AM. I sigh and roll over; Jamie isn't there. I sigh again heavily recalling the argument we head early hours this morning. I sit up slowly, stroking my achy bump. Everything feels different. I stand slowly and stretch before heading to the bathroom; I do my business on the toilet and as I wipe I notice blood on the tissue. Not much but there's enough to make me panic.

I take a deep breath and sort myself out, flushing the toilet and washing my hands. Me and Jamie aren't exactly talking right now but I need to find him. I stroke my achy bump as I head to check on the girls, they're fast asleep so I go downstairs. Sam and Jim are talking quietly in the kitchen. They're discussing what happened with me and Jamie. I head straight in, my hand placed on my bump; my other hand clutches the side as I get a sharp pain in my stomach and curl over in pain.

Jim and Sam are straight on their feet, each taking one of my arms to help me sit down. "Where's Jamie?" I sigh heavily and they look to each other. "He wasn't here when we woke.. I'm not sure" Jim shrugs and I let out a cry. "I have to go to the hospital." I whisper, my bottom lip shaking as I try to hold in my tears.

"I'll take you, Jim can stay with the girls" Sam stands and rushes to get her coat on and then she brings mine over to me. "What does the pain feel like?" Jim asks me, stroking my back as he hands me a glass of water. "It's just like a sharp pain.. near the bottom. I'm bleeding too" my voice is barely even a whisper as I talk. Jim and Sam exchange a look and Sam helps me put my coat on. Luckily I changed into a pair of jogging bottoms because it's a lot colder outside today.

"Come on darling.. everything will be okay; Jim will get a hold of Jamie for you" Sam rubs my shoulders and then takes my hand to steady me as I stand. "I really need him by my side.." I whisper nodding. I share one last look with Jim and he nods slowly, giving me a reassuring smile before me and Sam leave for the hospital. 

On our journey there I call Jamie.. He doesn't answer and soon enough I get sent to answer machine. "Jamie it's me... I know that whatever happened last night, you're probably still mad with me but I'm on my way to the hospital.." my bottom lip begins trembling again  and I feel Sam reach across and give my hand a gentle squeeze as she drives. "I think there's something wrong with the baby" I cry, covering my mouth to stop myself from sobbing.

"Please call me.." I say before hanging up. "Where could he be?" I look to Sam, my voice small. "I'm not sure sweetheart.. but for now let's focus on getting you and this baby checked over." She smiles sadly, parking at the hospital and getting out; coming round to my door and helping me out.

We head into the hospital and there's a woman, she must be in her 40s, stood at the desk. "Dakota?" She approaches us and I nod slowly, looking to Sam as she directs us to a private room with a bed. "Sorry, Jim called.. He trained me when I qualified here quite a few years ago; he asked me to take care of you" she smiles warmly, closing the door behind us. "I thought I recognised you!" Sam grins, and the nurse, her name badge says Michelle, grins back.

"Yes, I started just before you left" she chuckles and hands me a hospital gown. "How is your pain Ms Johnson?" She smiles sadly at me whilst I stroke my bump. "It's just every so often.." I say, taking the gown. "Please, call me Dakota" I smile a bit, taking my coat off slowly and hanging it over the back of a chair by the bed. "I'll get you some tests and scans sorted, if you don't mind changing into the gown and getting yourself comfy in the bed, I'll just be a few minutes getting some equipment."