Part 43

Just a small update from me this time I'm afraid! But I promise, things are going to get better!
Bare with me😏 enjoy x

*Jamie's POV*

I wake to the feel of Dakota getting out of the bed. I see her rushing through the door and frown slightly. I groan and rub my eyes, a few seconds later she comes back in.

"You okay?" I ask and she giggles, nodding as she climbs back into bed. "Madam was pressing against my bladder. I nearly wee'd myself" she chuckles as i laugh. "Naughty baby" I rest my hand over her bump where our girl is kicking.

"I've dropped so much since yesterday.. that means she's getting ready to come" she grins, her eyes wide with excitement. "Really?!" I ask to which she nods. "Well she's gotta wait until we're home at least" I pout and she giggles, nodding as she leans to kiss me.

"I agree.. let mommy and daddy enjoy our holiday first" she giggles and I kiss her gently. "What shall we do today?" I ask as we both sit up. "Lets just go for like a spa day.. swimming and steam room?" She suggests and I grin.

"If it means seeing you in a bikini then hell yes!" I smirk, jumping up off the bed and helping her up too. She giggles at me as we get our swimming gear out of the cases.

She slides her bikini bottoms on and ties them before putting the bikini bra on, I help her tie it around her neck and her back before putting my swimming shorts on. I take her hand and together to head down to reception.

After a quick breakfast in the restaurant we head to the swimming pool and put our towels and bag between two lounges by the side of the pool. There's a few people around, but they're a bit away from us so we get a little bit of privacy.

"Okay I'm going for a dip" Dakota smiles at me as my phone starts ringing. I sigh and answer it, watching her walk to the side of the water and get in carefully, swimming around.

"Jamie? It's kate, I know you didn't want anybody bothering you whilst you're both away, but I have a red carpet event for you next Friday" She says and my heart sinks.

"Where? I'm not leaving Dak, not when we're so close to our due date. If I need to travel you can count me out" I say more forceful than I intend. "Hey calm down, her name's on the list too, for you both to arrive and leave together as well.. it's a small car-ride away from your home but we'll get you a hotel around the corner so she's comfy" Kate explains and I sigh with relief.

"I'll talk to her, give me a few hours, we're just getting in the pool, I'll text you" I say, she agrees and we say our goodbyes. I look to the pool and spot Dakota at the edge, gazing at me. "Who was that?" She asks as I wander over to her, sitting on the edge and sliding myself into the water.

"It was kate.. she's got a red carpet for me to do next week" I say and her face drops. "But jamie, it's so close to my due date and she can come at any time.. you can't leave" she rushes out, panicking, her eyes wide with worry.

"Hey hey, calm down.. I'm not leaving, she said your name is down too, we'll both be attending" I pull her into my arms, soothing her by rubbing her back. She takes a deep breath and wraps her arms around my waist.

"So I have to find myself a dress that fits now?" She whispers after a few minutes of silence. "You do baby.. you're going to look so beautiful" I say, pulling away to look into her eyes as I stroke her cheek. We share a loving kiss before she runs her hands up and down my arms.

"Where is it?" She asks and I shrug. "She didn't really tell me where, just that it's not far from home but they'll get a hotel room so you're not getting too uncomfortable with all the travelling" I stroke my hand across her bump and she smiles. "You don't need to worry, it'll be okay baby.. I'm not leaving. Let's enjoy our time away okay?" I kiss her gently as she nods, agreeing with me.

---

We're sat on the balcony in our suite room, just finished eating our dinner. I'm drinking a beer whilst Dakota sips a Diet Coke and we look out to the orange and pink skies glistening above the bright blue water. "Babe.. do you mind rubbing my back a bit?" Dakota asks, shyly I think, smiling slightly at me.

I frown and get up off my sun lounger, going over and sitting behind her on the one she's now sat up on. "You in pain baby?" I ask, gently rubbing her lower back. "A little bit.. just all at the bottom" she sighs a bit and I kiss her head as I continue to rub my fingers again her lower back.

I feel her relax after a while and I kiss her head again. "that's better, I think it's just when she's in a funny position" she pouts and I chuckle, resting my hand over her bump. She lifts her top over her bump slightly and pouts.

"Look what she's doing?!" She runs her finger gently over the outline of a foot. I gasp and chuckle. "That's so cute.. her tiny baby feet" I say and she giggles at me, causing me to blush slightly. "You're going to be the best daddy" she grins at my lovingly and I lean to kiss her gently.

"And you'll be the best mommy.." I reply, stroking her hair from her face. "I'm going to try" she whispers shyly in reply. "You already are the best mommy.. you look after her and protect her everyday.." I stroke over her bump again and she grins. "I'm so excited for our family to grow.." she grins and I agree, smiling back.

"Though, daddy is a bit outnumbered.. we need a boy next" I pout and she giggles, rolling her eyes. "Let's take this one baby at a time please" she laughs. "Okay okay, one baby at a time" I nod laughing, she giggles and snuggles into me, her head tucked into my neck gently.

"You tired Baby?" I ask and she nods slowly. I lift her gently and carry her inside; to the bedroom. "We can get settled earlier tonight" I say to her and she smiles shyly, sitting up on the bed slowly. "Okay, I'll just get changed.." she says, reaching for her fresh pyjamas and slowly putting them on.

Once I've striped to my boxers I climb into bed and Dakota climbs in beside me. I let her snuggle into my side and I wrap my arm around her shoulders. "I love you, so much" she says and I smile, kissing her head as it rests on my chest with her hand by the side of it, over my heart.

"I love you too baby" I kiss her head again and I feel her smile slowly against my chest as her eyes close. Soon, she's breathing heavily which tells me she's fallen to sleep and I stroke her hair repeatedly watching her sleep, until I can't fight anymore, and surrender to sleep.

Comments appreciated as always!😘