Part 54

Get your tissues ready guys! You'll need them for this one I assure you! I definitely needed them during the writing of it anyway!
I really hope you're happy with how this is going; enjoy xo
(The picture above is her engagement ring!!)

*Jamie's POV*

It's the next day, Dakota is just giving Charlotte a bath and me and Dulcie are finding something for them to wear. Dulcie decides on denim shorts and a pink t-shirt with unicorns on. For Charlotte we pick a pink onesie that will go to her knees, with outlines of flowers all over in white.

I hear Dakota coming through to Charlotte's room. She's talking to her and fussing over her. She's got her wrapped in her little fluffy towel and she looks absolutely adorable. "Look, here's our favourite man" she strokes Charlotte's cheek as she lays her on the changing table, she looks straight to me and my heart melts.

"Hello my gorgeous baby girl" I grin kissing her head gently. "I want her to smile so badly!" Dakota pouts, getting a diaper and gently putting it on Charlotte, before getting some sun cream lotion and smothering it all over her, so she doesn't catch the sun today whilst out in Mel's Garden.

"She will baby, she will.." I kiss her head as Dulcie comes in. "Ready!" She twirls around to show us her outfit and I know immediately she got that from Dakota. "You look so cute! I like your shorts" she says and Dulcie thanks her.

Once Charlotte is dressed me and Dakota go get ready. I decide on wearing light blue shorts that come to my knees, and a white t-shirt. Dakota wears light blue denim shorts with a black top that she tucks into the front of her shorts to make a little baggy.

When we're all ready we head off, making sure I have the ring in my shorts pocket and Dulcie has the other items in her backpack. I glance at Dakota whilst she drives us to her moms, she hasn't got any make up on, her sunglasses over her eyes as she concentrates on the road. She's so beautiful and I can't believe she's mine. I silently pray that she says yes.

She pulls up on her moms driveway and I lean to kiss her cheek before getting out. She giggles and helps Dulcie out as I get Charlotte's seat out, smiling when I see she's fast asleep.

"What was that for?" She takes my hand as we walk up to her moms front door, which is open because Dulcie let herself in. "I just love my girl" I smile down at her. "Well I love my man" she whispers, leaning up to kiss me gently as we head to the kitchen and are greeted by everyone.

----

It's early afternoon now, I'm stood with my dad and Dakota's brothers chatting about sports. She's sat under the umbrella with Charlotte laid between her legs on a blanket. She's wide awake and loves the attention she's getting from everybody. Sat with Dakota is her sisters, her grandma, Sam and Mel are off playing with Dulcie.

"I'll be right back.." I mumble to my dad, walking off to Don, who's stood at the barbecue grilling burgers and hot dogs, Mel has now joined him too. "Can I have a word?" I ask, getting both their attention. "Of course son, what's up?" Don asks as he shakes my hand.

"I.. erm, I've never had to do this before.. like ask parents" I stutter, taking a deep breath before continuing, making sure I'm far from Dakota so she doesn't hear. "I love your daughter, with every part of my being. I, I was.. no I am going to propose today.. I just wanted to ask for her hand in marriage" I manage to get out finally. Mel gasps and Don looks shocked.

They look to each other before looking to me, the biggest grins on their faces. "Of course... She's head over heels for you, and we've never seen her happier than she is with you" Don shakes my hand again and I let out the breath I was holding in.