Part 29

Hope you all had a lovely Easter! Here's a little update, enjoy x

*Jamie's POV*

It's the next day, we're currently at Mel's getting ready for the family get together where we tell everyone we're having a baby. I'm excited for both our families to mingle together, I know Dakota is too.

"Daddy, where's Dakota?" Dulcie runs over to me, frowning with her hands on her hips. "I'm not sure baby, did you try upstairs?" I ask, helping Mel get stuff out the oven. "I'll look" she runs off and goes upstairs.

"I love the bond her and Dakota have" Mel grins at me and I nod, grinning too. "It's beautiful to watch them together, makes me really happy" I smile shyly and she pats my back gently before going off to the dining area where we are setting up the food.

A while later I hear footsteps from the stairs, I go to see Dakota and Dulcie walking down them holding hands. They count the steps as they come down, then Dulcie jumps from the last one to the floor. "Hey baby.. where did you go?" I frown slightly looking at Dakota.

"I napped in my room.. I'm sorry, I'm just so tried" she pouts walking into my open arms. "It's okay you don't need to apologise" I kiss her head. "Dakota was sick daddy. I looked after her" Dulcie grins, swinging her arms looking proud of herself. "You did? Well thank you baby girl." I lean to kiss her head before we go to the kitchen.

"Morning sickness?" I pout to her and she nods. "It's getting worse" I hear her sigh as she talks. I wrap my arm around her and kiss her head. "It's going to be worth it I promise you" "I know" She smiles, leaning up to kiss me gently.

"You okay?" Mel asks Dakota as soon as we go to her in the living room. "Just a bit of sickness mama, I'm fine" she smiles and he mom laughs. "Welcome to pregnancy darling" She nudges her gently and Dakota giggles.

"I'm going to find grandpa, daddy" Dulcie announces then runs off to find my father. "God she's so full of energy, It makes me feel queasy." Dakota rubs her head with a hand on her stomach as me and Mel laugh.

"Just you wait until your little one is running around with her" Mel winks and Dakota lets out a deep breath. "Nooo" she giggles and we all laugh. We hear the door go, then Tippi walks through the door scooping Dakota into her arms.

"Oh I've missed my baby coqui!" She says and Dakota hugs her tight. "I missed you" Dakota says. Once they pull away Tippi hugs Mel and then me. "I hope you're looking after my lovely grand-daughter" She wags her finger at me and I pull Dakota close. "Of course I am" I kiss the top of her head.

--
*Dakota's POV*

Everyone's getting along great, my sisters and Jamie's sisters are all chatting with my mom and Sam, my grandma is too busy mingling with everyone else. Jamie is sat in the dining area with my brothers, dad and Jim talking about some kind of football. I roll my eyes at that before chuckling to myself.

Dulcie has been getting so much attention from everyone, they've all commented on how friendly and sweet she is, not to mention beautiful, just like her daddy.. she's currently sat on my lap, listening and giggling with me, mom and my sisters.

I feel Jamie's arm slide around me, resting his hand on my stomach as he kisses my head. "Ladies.. can I steal my two girls for one minute?" He says and Dulcie sighs, making everyone giggle. "Not now daddy we're busy" she says and I have to giggle along with everyone else at the table.

"Okay what does daddy do with cheeky girls?" He says lifting her off my lap. "No daddy I'm sorry I'm sorry" she squeals gripping his neck. He laughs and looks over to us all, smiling shyly.