Part 53

Hey everyone! Here's another update ☺️ it's a bit of a long one I think, but I hope you all enjoy x

*Dakota's POV *

The next morning I wake with my head cloudy and feeling like I had been drinking the night before. I sigh and turn over slowly, I'm met with Jamie's bare chest, Charlotte resting against him, his hand protectively over her back.

"Morning" he smiles slightly "morning.." I smile a bit, reaching out and stroking Charlotte's hand. I watch as she curls her hand around my finger, gripping it tight as her gaze meets mine. She coos softly and I smile.

"Oh really? So daddy woke you up snoring?" I chuckle a bit as Charlotte stretches her tiny legs out, cooing louder. "Hey I did not" he pouts and I giggle softly, turning on my side to face them.

My eyes are so sore from all the crying, but I Well up again thinking about the night before. "Hey what's wrong?" He says softly as a few tears fall. "I just can't stop thinking about last night.. " I barely whisper and he looks down to Charlotte, when he looks back to me he has tears in his eyes too. It breaks my heart.

"I wouldn't, ever..." he trails off, wiping the stray tear that falls from his cheek. I let out a quiet sob and move closer to him, resting my head in his neck. We lay like this for a few minutes, he wraps his spare arm around me and pulls me closer. "You've got to believe me.." he whispers, kissing my head.

"I do.. of course I do, I just don't understand.. what's the secret she's keeping?" I look up at him as his cheeks flush. "When I've had a bit to drink, I have a habit of telling people how much I love you and how much I adore you... apparently I was showing her photos of you and of Charlotte, Dulcie too.. then I was telling her about something I have planned, for you.." he tells me, shyly I think.

"You do? I panicked so much when I saw that message" I pout and gently, he kisses my pout. "You know that I love you.. I may not be the best at showing it to you sometimes but I do love you, so much" he looks me in the eye as he speaks softly. It's at that moment that I see it, the shine he gets in his eyes when he looks at me..

"I love you so much.." I whisper, wiping a tear before it falls. He plants the softest kiss on my lips, letting it linger before pulling away. "Wait.. did you say you had something planned for me?" I smile shyly and he nods, grinning. "I do.. but I haven't decided when you'll get it yet" he smirks, sitting up carefully and gently laying Charlotte on the bed once he's gotten up. I sit up and pout, watching as he grabs some shorts and puts them on.

"Well, can I have it now?" I pout, getting out of bed and putting my dressing gown on. I lift Charlotte and hold her so her head is against my shoulder. "Maybe, you have to be a good girl.." he shrugs laughing as I pout and protest. "But I'm always a good girl!" I pout at him as he comes closer to me, swooping down and locking his lips with mine.

"What did you wanna do today?" I smile sweetly up at him as we pull away. "Well, after we've woke Dulcie up and I've cooked us all breakfast, we're going to get the girls ready because my dad is here and he is super excited to meet his newest granddaughter" he says and my face lights up. "wait they're here?!" I grin, I love Jamie's family like my own, the way they've taken me in.

"Yes.. it's just him and Sam, my sister couldn't get here this time" he smiles sadly I pout. "Then, they're going to have the girls for the day, whilst I take my beautiful girl out for some quality time" he watches me and I turn to him, grinning. "Just us?" I say and he nods, leaning to kiss me. "Come on, let's get Dulcie up and get breakfast." He says.

---

By 10:30 we're all ready to leave. Jamie's packed a few bottles and clean diapers in charlottes bag for his dad and Sam, I've dressed her in a pink dungaree type onesie with white and purple bunnies dotted all over, and a white vest underneath.