Unforgiven

Yn's POV

With Jay's hand trailing up and down my back, and my lips moving in sync with his, I was having a great morning. We were laying under the blanket that covered our bed with me half on top of Jay. My left hand was resting on top of his chest while my right was cupping the back of his head. Every so often, I would run my fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck, and Jay's nails would dig lightly into the skin on my back. I moved my left hand up to rest on the other side of Jay's head, and the stubble on his chin tickled my face as we kissed.

"I don't want to go to work today," I murmur against Jay's lips. 

"Just tell the bad guys to take a week off," Jay replied jokingly and smiled against my mouth. 

"I like that plan a lot," I say. As we continued kissing, my phone buzzed from where it was sitting on the nightstand. 

"Don't get it," Jay mumbled. I listened to his request and ignored my phone, but it buzzed again and again and again. Jay groaned as I pulled away from his lips.

"I have to. What if it's Voight or Adam?" I tell him and sit up, climbing off of his lap to get to the other side of the bed. I then reached over and grabbed my phone, turning it on to see that I had gotten a few texts from my mom.

"Who is it?" Jay asked and sat up, pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

"My mom. She has a few wedding venues picked out that she wants us to look at," I respond and climb out of bed.

"Ugh. Can we just push the wedding back more?" Jay questioned.

I laughed and walked over to the closet to grab some clothes. "We've pushed it back far enough. Now, if you want me to become Mrs. Halstead by the end of the year, I suggest you get out of bed." That statement got Jay out of bed, and we both began to get dressed. Once we were both ready, we said goodbye to Chief and headed outside where we climbed into Jay's truck. On the drive over to my mom's house, my radio went off.

"Units on the city-wide. We've got a call of a man down in an alley, possible homicide. 4220 West Maypole," the dispatcher announced. 

"That's five blocks away. Let's roll," I tell Jay. 

"What about your mom?" Jay questioned.

"Wedding venues can wait. 5021 Union, plainclothes officers responding," I reply into the radio. A few minutes later, Jay and I arrived on the scene.

"Halstead and Ln, intelligence," Jay informed the officer. 

"What do we have?" I ask. 

"Homeless guy found him. Notified a store owner who called 911," the woman answered. I crouched down next to the body to get a look at what had happened, and my eyes immediately spotted the cause of death. 

"Two gunshot wounds to the back," I point out. 

"Yn, look. He's a cop," Jay spoke and pointed to his badge, which was still hanging around the dead man's neck.

...........................................

"Patrol Officer Mike Blaine. He's got 22 years on the job," Jay declared. 

"You've got to be kidding me. I knew him. We worked together four years in Vice. I knew him well. All right, what else?" Voight asked. 

"Two shots in the back," I continue. "We found two .45 caliber casings about ten feet from the body." 

"Time of death?" Voight questioned. 

"Around 11:00 p.m. last night," Jay answered. 

"Robbery?" Voight quizzed.