Black and Blue

Yn's POV

When the sun hit my eyes, I groaned and rolled over in bed, expecting to come in contact with Jay, but the other half of the bed was empty. That's when I remembered that he had to go in early for our new case. I sighed and dangled my legs over the edge of my bed, reaching for my crutches that had been set again the end of the night table. My knee was just about healed, and this case was the last one that I had to stay in for. I was still allowed to go into work, but I was only on desk duty. After placing the crutches under my armpits, I used them to get to the kitchen, and that's when I saw that Jay had already brewed a pot of coffee.

I smiled as I poured myself a cup, and once I had taken a few sips, I made it back into the bedroom to get ready. Because my bad knee was my left one, I could still drive, meaning I didn't need someone to take me everywhere. However, when I got into the district, I realized a problem. I had to get up the stairs on my own. Usually, Jay would hold one of my crutches so that I could hold onto the railing with one hand and have my bad knee supported by a crutch. I was supposed to start putting a bit of weight on my leg, but not that much. I guess I was just going to have to figure something out.

When I got to the stairs, I put both of my crutches in my left hand so that I could grab the railing with my right. That meant I was going to have to put all of my weight onto my two legs, something I hadn't down yet. As soon as I stepped onto the next step with my left leg, pain exploded in my knee, and I winced in pain. "Hey" Adam said and ran over to me. "What the hell are you doing trying to get up there by yourself? Let me help you." He then grabbed one of my crutches from me, and I was able to get up the stairs like I usually would. "Thank you so much, Adam. You're a life saver" I say and make my way over to my desk.

"All right. Do we have any leads so far on who could've killed Malik" Voight asked. "Uh, yeah. Nathan Hawkins, 15 years old. Dropped out of school a year ago to start slinging dope for Kenny Armstrong" Kim said. "He has one arrest on his record. It's for a delivery charge three months ago" Antonio added. "Any idea where he might be hanging out" Voight asked. "His last known address was his mom's apartment in Austin, but she OD'd a year ago around the time he started dealing" Jay responded. "Okay, father" Voight questioned. "He's been behind bars for the last decade" Hailey said. "So who bailed him out when he got busted" Adam asked. "That would be Sarah Washington, Nathan's aunt" Antonio replied. "All right, so find an address. Check it out" Voight said.

That's when Voight caught sight of me. "Ln, I thought I told you to take this case off so your knee could fully heal. "Right. Sorry, Sarge. I must've forgotten" I say. "Well, you're more then welcome to stay if you'd like" Voight said. "No offense, Sarge, but getting a free week off in this unit is a dream come true, so I'm going to take it" I say. "All right. I'll see you next week" Voight said.

"Here. I'll help you out" Jay said. Jay helped me down the stairs, and he even walked me out to my car. "I'm thinking pizza and beers tonight. That sound good to you" I ask Jay. "Hell yeah that sounds good. I'll meet you at the apartment after my shift" he said. "Great. I'll see you later then" Jay said and kissed me. "Yeah. See you later" I say.