Lies

Y/n's POV

"Good boy," I coo and rub Chief's head. "You're the best dog ever, you know that right?"

"Are you talking to Chief?" Jay quizzed.

"What? He's my baby," I defend and pet him. "He listens to me and does what he's told, unlike a certain someone."

"How many times do I have to apologize for forgetting to buy the red sauce? I'm sorry," Jay apologized and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

"There is one thing that always make me feel better," I bring up.

Jay raised his eyebrows. "Oh yeah? And what's that?"

Instead of responding with words, I leaned up and pressed my lips to Jay's. A content hum left Jay's lips as he moved his hands to my waist and dug softly into the skin there with the pads of his fingers. With our bodies so close together, I could feel the heat emitting from Jay, and all it did was make me want to cuddle with him on the couch and watch a movie. However, our kissing was interrupted when both mine and Jay's phones buzzed.

"Ugh," I groan and pull away from Jay. "Sometimes I hate our job."

"Me too," Jay agreed. Once the two of us pulled on our jackets and shoes, we headed off to the crime scene. When we got there, the two of us split up to pursue different tasks, and I was supposed to be filling Kevin in, except he wasn't here yet.

"You're late," I notify Kevin when he finally arrived. "And your calls all went straight to voicemail. Where were you?" 

"I was with Jordan," Kevin replied as I led him along. "What do we got?" 

"Two more bodies. It's the carfentanil again. ME's prelim is linking it to Tovar's bad batch. Same cheap heroin mixed with the same carfentanil. This guy's not slowing down. Their names were John and Tessa Barkley. They'd just spoken to their in-laws. They were about to drop their daughter off on their way to rehab to start a new life. She was uh, she was in the car with them," I reveal.

"Looks like there old life got in the way. I guess they wanted one more high. Sadly, they died for it," Hailey stated.

"All right, that's eight bodies now. We've got eight bodies because of Tovar's bad dope. Where are we at with your unwitting?" Voight asked Kevin. 

"I'm in deep with Jimmy, but I've been buying pretty small," Kevin responded. "That guy's not a heavy, Sarge." 

"So push him up to be one," Voight instructed. "Get him on the hook for a big buy, tonight. I want his boss, Tovar, off the street right now. So make it happen." 

..............................................

"Hey," I greet Kevin as he exited the interview room. "How'd it go?" 

"I got him," Kevin confirmed. "He didn't really have too much of a choice. He's on screws." 

"Kim told me when her and Adam rolled up on you guys that Jimmy was ready to take a beef for you. That only happens when you make a real connection. To do that, you've gotta be a good cop. A great cop. So good job, Kev," I praise and pat his shoulder as his phone buzzed. "Ooh. Who's that? Is it the mystery lady? When do we get to meet her?"

"Huh?" Kevin hummed.

"Huh," I repeat teasingly and lead him back towards the bullpen where the rest of the team was waiting.

"All right, so I flipped Jimmy," Kevin announced to the team. "He agreed to a deal. Jimmy, will be at El Pueblo tomorrow. That's his boss's bar. Jimmy has a brother named Nando. He's a fighter and he's got a match up there. Jimmy's never missed one of his brother's fights, so we're gonna be all good. He's gonna bring me with him this time, introduce me to Tovar. Then I'm gonna strike hot when I set the deal, because Tovar really likes cash, so it should be a good play."