Don't Bury This Case

Yn's POV

"Okay, you're being unreasonable" Johnny said to me as I walked into work. "I'm being unreasonable? Really? Just leave me alone. I've got work to do" I say and press my hand against the palm scanner. Once it recognized me, the gate to upstairs clicked and opened, letting me through. Johnny, however, didn't let up, and followed me upstairs. "Yn, please. Can we just talk about what happened" Johnny asked as I set my things down at my desk. "I've got work to do, Johnny. We all do" I say and gesture towards everyone in the room who was getting ready to present the next case.

"Is Voight here yet" Johnny asked. "Uh, he and Erin are doing an interview right now" Kevin replied. "Great. That means I have time to ask you all your opinions on something" Johnny said. "Johnny, stop it" I say. Johnny completely ignored me though and faced my colleagues. "Okay, so Yn and I have had a good couple of weeks together. We've been going out, having fun, and creating a great relationship. I mean, even last night, when we were having a movie night, Yn told me that she's had more fun with me than she has in a while" Johnny said. "Johnny, please don't drag them into this" I plead. Again, Johnny ignored me.

"Then, this morning, out of the blue, Yn thinks that we should stop hanging out. I say that she's being unreasonable and isn't thinking straight, and that she should take more time to think about us. What do you guys think" Johnny asked. "Well, frankly, it's not really our opinion that matters" Jay said and stood up from his desk, moving so that he was standing feet away from Johnny. "But if Yn says she doesn't want to see you anymore, then listen and leave her alone." Johnny laughed, and I could see Jay clenching his fists. This was not going to end well.

"I seem to recall that Yn did the same thing to you that she's doing to me, so I don't really want to take advice from you" Johnny said. "Okay, guys. Break it up. Johnny, you've got to leave" I say. "You know, now that I think about it, you did the same thing to Archie too. You get a guy to fall for you, sleep with him a few times, and then throw him away like he's nothing. So you know what, I am going to leave you alone. I'd rather not waste my time on a slut" Johnny said to me.

That's when all hell broke loose. Jay punched Johnny right across the face, causing him to stagger back a little. Just before Johhny could go after Jay, Kevin stepped in and held him back. "If you don't leave, I'm going to have to call up some patrol officers to escort you out" Kevin said. Johnny growled and broke himself free from Kevin's grip. "It's fine. I'll leave on my own" he said and headed towards the stairs.

As soon as Johnny left, Kevin and Jay turned to me. "You good" Kevin asked me. I shook my head and grabbed my things. "Tell Voight I need to take the case off" I say. "Yn, what Johnny said, it isn't true" Jay said. "Isn't it though? I mean, how many guys have I been with in the last year? You, Archie, and Johnny are all great guys, and I ruined everything" I say. "That's going a bit too far" Jay said. "Look, I just need some time to clear my head. I've got a few vacation days saved up, so I'm going to use them to help me relax" I say. When I got to the stairs, I sighed and turned to face Jay. "Thanks for standing up for me" I say to him before leaving the bullpen.

That night, I headed out to Molly's to have a few beers, and when I got home, there was a box sitting against my apartment door. I took the box into my place, and using a box cutter, I was able to open in. Inside were all of the things I had at Johnny's. There were a few shirts, a pair or two of pants, and a picture frame. I took the frame out and admired the picture inside of it. The photo was of Archie, Johnny, Charlotte, and I, all wearing our bullet proof vests labeled Homicide, smiles present on our faces. I loved being in the Homicide unit, and sometimes I wished I could go back there because those were simpler times. However, knowing what happened with Archie and Johnny, I needed to detach myself from that part of me. I was in Intelligence now, and that meant I needed to step up my game, and focus more on my work. So, for now, there wasn't going to be any fun and games, just business.