Assets

Yn's POV

"Adam, hey" I say as I bump into him in the lobby of the district.

"Hey, Yn. What's up" Adam asked and gave me a small hug.

"Well, I'm longer being framed for murdering Kelton, and it is now my first case since then" I say.

"Oh yeah. Kevin's undercover case, right" Adam asked.

"You spoke to Voight" I question.

"Yeah. I just needed his opinion on something. Anyways, I should get going. I don't want to stop you from getting to work" Adam said.

"All right. I'll talk to you later" I say.

Walking up the stairs made me feel great. Working for this unit was probably the best thing to ever happen to me, plus, I met Jay through the unit, which was even better. When I stepped foot into the bullpen, Hailey was the first one to spot me. Both of us smiled at each other at the same time, and I ran over to her, leading her to pull me into the biggest hug imaginable.

"I'm so glad you're back" Hailey said.

"Me too. I missed you" I say.

"Um, what about the rest of us" Jay asked and gestured to him, Kevin, and Kim.

"I missed all of you, but mostly Hailey" I say and give my best friend a side hug.

"All right. Before we move on, you have been updated on the Antonio thing, right" Kevin asked me.

"Yeah. Kim and I talked about it the other day" I answer.

Antonio was gone. After everything that had happened with him and Adam and the whole investigation, he took off, leaving only his badge behind at his apartment. Word was he moved down to Puerto Rico where his sister, Gabby, had moved only a few years prior.

"All right, guys. What do we got" Voight asked as he walked out of his office.

"I talked to Homicide about the Smokey thing. It turns out he's a high ranking guy in Darius Walker's organization" Hailey said.

"Any suspects" Voight asked.

"Nothing real yet. All we know is two male Latinos were spotted near the crime scene a few minutes after it happened" Hailey spoke.

"Smokey had 20 grand on him, which means he knew the sellers" Kevin added. "He probably did business with them before. Otherwise he wouldn't have had that much money on him."

"So it's an inside job. The seller steals the cash and keeps the product. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen that happen" Voight said.

"No, but it's the first time it's happened to somebody working for Darius Walker" Kim pointed out.

"Well, the good news is it does open up an angle for us. Look, if we know the Latin Players were behind this, you can be damn sure Darius Walker knows too. That means he's going to be looking for a new supplier. Jay, I want you to go under as that supplier" Voight declared.

"Sounds good" Jay replied.

..........................................

"Hey. What's going on? We've been waiting for you for like 10 minutes" I tell Kevin as he met up with Jay, Hailey, and I in an alleyway.

"Sorry. I just talked to Andre. Walker's not doing the deal with you" Kevin informed Jay.

"I'm offended" Jay said.

"Well, he wasn't feeling it, and Walker doesn't talk about it" Kevin explained.

"Units in the 7th District and units on the citywide, we're getting multiple calls of shots fired at 1221 South 58th Street" a dispatcher said over Jay's radio.