Outrage

Yn's POV

For our new case, we were trying to catch whoever was selling China White. Jay had a CI bring us to this party, and to blend in, I pretended to be a bartender. I had on a tight black dress and dark colored heels with my hair curled slightly. As I carried a tray of shot glasses and a bottle of vodka over to a poker table, one of the guys whistled at me.

"Can I pour you gentlemen some shots" I ask.

"Yeah, let's get a round. So, uh, what's your name" the man asked me.

"Candy" I reply and pour the vodka into the shot glasses.

"You know, I've got a bit of a sweet tooth" the man said.

"You know, I get that all the time" I say.

"Listen, Candy, I'll give you $500 to take off your dress" he said.

"The bar has a pretty strict dress code" I say and set the shot glasses around the table.

"A thousand" the guy said.

I gave him a small smile. "Sorry, but I don't have anything on under here."

As I was heading downstairs to leave the club, I saw Jay talking with the man who wanted me to take off my dress. By the looks of it, things were about to get messy.

"Wait a minute. You're that cop, Halstead" the man said.

"And you're that punk that murders teenage girls, Garrett" Jay said and got a bit too close.

"What are you going to do, cop? You going to hit me? Come on, please, right here. Chicago PD, they might give me another 200K, maybe even more. Right here, sweetheart, don't miss" Garrett said.

However, Jay stood his ground. I, on the other hand, didn't like that he was talking to Jay that way, so I made a move.

"Detective Halstead won't do anything, but I will" I say and step forward, socking Garrett right across the face.

Garrett stumbled back a little bit, clearly confused by what had just happened. "What the hell, Candy" he hissed.

"My name's not Candy. It's Yn. And Detective Halstead just so happens to be my boyfriend" I say and take a position at Jay's side.

Garrett scowled and rubbed his cheek where my fist had connected with his face. "You dating him? That's hilarious. No way you would go for someone like him."

Jay went to move forward, but I stopped him. "Come on. This dude isn't worth it" I say and take Jay's hand, leading him towards the exit.

"See you around, Halstead, you coward" Garrett shouted after us.

...............................................

"The mystery player bringing in China White is Matthew Garrett. He was doing 20 years for possession with intent to distribute, served six, and was released last month" Hailey said and put Garrett's picture on the board.

"So the police didn't put in the proper paperwork before they did the bust. It was deemed an illegal search. That's why the city awarded Garrett $200,000 for wrongful arrest" Adam added.

"Now he's using the settlement from the city to corner the market on high-end heroin" Antonio said.

I get it, but we've got to stand down. Ivory tower doesn't want us chasing these so-called wrongful conviction offenders" Voight informed us.

"Sarge, to hell with that. Garrett's not just a drug dealer, he's a murderer. He killed Lauren Sanders. She was 17 years old, she ran away from home. Garrett found her, he pimped her out, and then she just disappeared. We found her bloody clothes in a dumpster. We never found her body, so we couldn't make the case. All due respect, standing down should not be an option" Jay stated.