Endings

A/N: This will contain parts of Chicago Fire's S7 Ep2 and Chicago Med's S4 Ep2.

Long Chapter

This starts in the episode of Chicago Fire

Yn's POV

Today was supposed to be a good day. Jay had gotten to meet my family on multiple occasions, so I figured I'd go meet his father. Jay always told me him and his father didn't have a good relationship, but that didn't stop me from wanting to get to know him. I had managed to get Pat's number through his work, and when I called him, he said he'd loved to get to meet me, which I was pretty excited about.  We met up at his apartment, talked for a bit, and things were going good until I heard an explosion.

"What the hell was that" Pat asked. I looked out of the apartment window, and that's when I saw a huge fire about 2 floors down from us, smoke pouring out of the building. "Pat, we've got to get out of here" I say. "Wait. There's a handicapped man, Ronnie Strause. He lives in 25C. I need to get him" Pat said. "No. You go down. I'll get him" I say. "Yn, I can do this. Trust me" he said. "There's no way in hell I'm letting you go up alone. I'll come with" I say. "Now I can see why my boys like you" Pat said.

We got up to the 25th floor with no problem, but once we got in Strause's apartment, things went south. Pat started taking deep breaths, but it sounded like he was having trouble breathing. "Pat? Are you okay" I ask. That's when Pat collapsed on the floor and clutched his chest. "Shit" I say and bend down to check on him, just as smoke started filling the room. For the moment, it looked like Pat was going to be okay. "We need to get out of here" Ronnie said. "I can't get both of you out at the same time" I say and cover my nose with my shirt in attempts to keep the smoke out of my nose and mouth. "Well then I'll go by myself, and you can help Pat" Ronnie suggested. "Mr. Strause, the elevators are most likely down, and you can't get down the stairs without help" I say. 

"Miss, we're going to die in here if we don't leave" Ronnie said. "I'm sorry, but I can't leave. Pat's my boyfriend's father, and if I were to let him die, my boyfriend would never forgive me. There must be something I can do" I say. I looked around, and my eyes caught sight of a bedroom door. "Mr. Strause, do you mind if I borrow a sheet" I ask. Ronnie shook his head, so I ran into the bedroom and grabbed the sheet from the bed. Once I was back in the living room, I laid the sheet flat on the ground, and then I did whatever I could to get Pat onto it. It was a lot of work, but I finally managed to do it. When Pat was situated, I wrapped the end of the sheet around my hand, and attempted to pull Pat towards the door, but he didn't budge. I pulled again, but I still got nowhere. "Come on" I shout and try again. However, I wasn't strong enough to haul Pat out of here.

By now, the smoke was getting thicker, and my t-shirt did nothing to stop it from entering my lungs. I started coughing badly, and it was getting harder and harder to catch my breath. I sat on the floor, my back resting against the couch, and pulled my phone out from my pocket. When I turned it on, I was met with a picture of the unit and I, all smiling at the camera. Tears started forming in my eyes, so I stuffed my phone back into my pocket. Pat was now unconscious, along with Mr. Strause, I can feel that I was slipping away too. The last thing I saw before falling unconscious was a firefighter entering the apartment.

When I regained consciousness, I was being carried outside by a young, handsome, dark skinned firefighter. "Yn" Jay shouted and ran over to the gurney I was being placed on. "What the hell were you doing here?" "I was talking to your father. I know you two have a rocky history, but-" A coughing fit interrupted my sentence, and the paramedic placed an oxygen mask over my face. "We've got to get her to Med" she told Jay. I took the oxygen mask off of my face for a second so that I could talk to Jay. "Go ride with your dad. I'll be okay" I say and place the mask back on my face. "Okay. I love you" Jay said and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I love you too" I mumble.