Confidential

Yn's POV

It felt so weird walking into the district alone. Usually I'd be walking in with either Adam or Jay, but because I was pissed at both of them, I didn't want to talk to them. "Hey, Yn. Can you come here for a second" Platt asked from her spot at the front desk. "Sure. What's up" I ask. "It shows here that you borrowed an undercover wire, and it wasn't returned" Platt said. "Right. I have it upstairs in my desk. I'll bring it to you when I have a chance" I say. "Great. Thank you Yn" she said. "No problem" I say and walk upstairs.

"She's a Jane Doe. We ran her prints; they're not in the system" Hailey said. "And my CI doesn't know her name either, but her friend's name is Isabel Perez. She's dating the same guy that looks good for this murder" Kim said. "What do we know about Isabel" Adam asked. "Latina, 21, used to work on and off at a strip club on the west side. A place called Alibi" Kim replied. "Okay, so we think her boyfriend killed the Jane Doe" Kevin asked. "Yeah, and maybe Isabel too. She's been missing three weeks. I tried tracking her phone, but it's dead" Kim said. "All right, well, talk to your C.I. again. See what you can find out. Meanwhile, let's dig into this Jane Doe. What's her name? What's her story" Voight said.

..........................................

"We got a positive ID on the Jane Doe. She goes by the name of Sylvia Castro" Kevin said. "We stopped by the strip club that Isabel used to work at. It turns out Sylvia worked there too. The boss ID'd the crime scene photo, but he did not know anything about a boyfriend" Adam said. "Okay, what else do we know" Voight asked. "We know she's 19, originally from Cleveland, and she's been missing from work for about three months" Kevin responded. "All right, track down the family and let them know what happened. Talk to Sylvia's friends, co-workers, roommates. Someone's got to know who this boyfriend was" Voight said.

As Voight went to walk into his office, I stopped him. "Sarge, have you seen Jay" I ask. "He didn't tell you" Voight asked. "Tell me what" I ask. "He's got an appointment with a psychologist" Voight replied. "Yeah, he definitely didn't tell me that" I say. "Look, Ln, I'm allowing you to be with Jay, but this whole thing with you guys not talking is not going to work. You need to fix whatever is going on, and soon" Voight told me.

A bit later, we had more information. "Hey, Sarge, I just talked to our DOA's sister. Right before she met this mystery boyfriend, she was living in a shelter called Jenny's Haven" I say. "Wait. Did you say Jenny's Haven? That's the same place Isabel stayed at" Kim said. "That's now two things Isabel and our DOA have in common. They both got plastic surgery at the same underground clinic" Hailey said. "Paid for by the same guy, Damien Soto" Kim continued. "Yeah, I got him right here. Two priors. One for assault and battery, one for pandering" Adam said. "We got a photo of this prick" Voight asked. "Yeah" he said and showed us a photo. "That's Juan. From Jenny's Haven" Kim said. "You're telling me this guy works at the shelter" Voight asked. "No, he's the founder" Hailey clarified. "All right, grab this son of a bitch now" Voight said. However, at Damien's home, he was nowhere to be found.

That night, Kim's informant, Sienna, was found dead, meaning we had to do more work because we no longer had someone behind the scenes for us. "Patrol found Sienna's phone at the scene. She had a text message from the drug dealer last night at 10:12, saying he was meeting up with Isabel in the park, the same place we found the body" Hailey said. "Could it be a robbery" Adam asked. "No, she had her wallet in her pocket. She had some cash in there, too. It was a setup. The dealer texted Damien, Damien killed her. He didn't want anyone getting in the way of his business" Kim said. "Okay, what do we know about this dealer" Voight asked. "Eduardo Varela. Two priors, heroin distribution" Kim said. "We have his address, too. 134 Hoover Road" Antonio said. "So pay Eduardo a visit and squeeze him. I want answers" Voight said.

We talked to Eduardo who said Isabel was coming over in a bit to score some product, and when she did, we got her. However, the person who dropped her off managed to get away. Now though, we could question Isabel and see what she knows. "Sarge, we still haven't found the driver or the car. He showed up earlier than we thought. Upton and Olinsky hadn't arrived yet, but we put the plates out over the radio. Just waiting on a hit" I say. "All right, tell Kim and Ruzek that I want them to help get Isabel squared away" Voight said. "Copy that" I say.

.....................................

While Isabel was at the safe house, she called Damien, and they met up, but we interfered. "Damien took two to the shoulder" Hailey said. "Yeah, he's in surgery right now. He's going to live" I say. "All right, where's Isabel" Voight asked. "Antonio took her to a clinic. She's in bad shape. Between the withdrawals and seeing Damien get shot, she's a mess" Kim responded. "Okay, well, what about the phone call? We got a location" Voight asked. "Yeah. It pinged off a cell tower on the south side near a bar named Vinnie's. The waitress there confirmed he was there from 10 to 11" Jay said. "I dumped his phone, but I got nothing" Adam said. "Checked his car too, no navigation system" Kim added. "So we still have no idea where this bastard's living? Well, Pilsen isn't that big, guys. I want boots on the ground. Circulate photos of Damien and Isabel. I mean, you've got C.I.'s in the area, get on the phone. Call in a favor. We need to find these girls soon" Voight said.

"Hey, Jay. Can we talk" I ask him. "Uh, sure" he said. I took Jay's hand and led him into the break room, shutting the door behind us. "How was therapy" I ask. "It's not really my thing" he said. "Okay. Um, I just wanted to clear the air between us. I kind of overreacted when-" Jay cut me off. "There's no need for you to apologize to me. I should be apologizing to you. Look, when you got shot, I did everything I could to find the guy that did that to you. That meant getting close to Camila. We didn't go past holding hands, okay? I want to take our relationship seriously. You mean everything to me" Jay said. I smiled and leaned up to place a quick kiss on his lips. "I'm glad we worked things out" I say. "Yeah. Me too" he said.

So, Voight worked out a plan for us to find out where the rest of the girls were. He left a phone in Soto's hospital room, and Soto used it to call a guy named Cesar Ramos. We tracked Ramos to a house, and low and behold, that's where the girls were. All of them were alive except for one, who was a diabetic and didn't have insulin. We then talked to Isabel again, and she told us where Damien hid the tire iron that he used to kill Sylvia. Now, we could charge him with murder.

"Hey. I'm having dinner at my sister's place tonight, but I can stop by your apartment for a little bit after that if you want" I tell Jay. "Yeah. That sounds good. I just bought a bottle of good whiskey" he said. "Cool. I can't wait. I'll see you tonight" I say and peck his lips. I then walked downstairs and over to Platt's desk, handing over my undercover wire. "Have I ever told you that you're my favorite cop in Intelligence" she asked. "Yes, but not enough. Have a good night, Sarge" I say. "You too Yn" Platt said.