Forget My Name

Yn's POV

As I was walking into the district, I bumped into Jay who was wearing a police uniform. "Hey. What's with the uniform" I ask. "Erin and I had to do an undercover thing" he replied. "Well, can I just say that you look really, really hot in uniform" I say. Jay smiled. "Thank you. Look, I've got to change out of this, but I'll meet you in the bullpen" Jay said. "Okay. See you up there" I say.

After Jay and Erin had changed out of their uniforms, and everyone was set up in the bullpen, we got started on our new case. "The driver of our target vehicle is Ignacio Perez. Organized crime snatched him up last year on drug conspiracy charges. They found four bricks of Sinaloa heroin on him, but he was never charged" Jay said. "So he cut a deal. Get the case file from Narcotics. See who Perez was flipping on. Maybe they connect to the body in the truck" Antonio said. "Yeah, the real issue is not even trace amounts of heroin were found in the truck or on the body" Jay said. "And whose identity is still unknown" Al added. 

"Yeah, we're still trying to figure that out. Minimal blood found in the truck bed, but we did find this lying around" Kevin said and put up a picture of a severed hand. "All right, so the cause of death is the double tap to the chest. ME estimates time of death based on lividity is about eight hours ago. Forensics says Perez's gun is not a match, and so far none of his DNA has been found" Adam said. "Whatever was attached to this wrist, they wanted it bad enough, and it wasn't heroin" Jay said. "Strangest dope tip I ever worked" Voight said. "Tony, what does your source say about this" Al asked. "I don't know. I left word" Antonio said. "ASA Kot needs to meet. Okay, somebody saw something. The vehicle Perez used. That garage. Who paid for that stuff" Voight asked before leaving the office with Antonio.

...................................

"Hey Sarge, we ID'd our one-armed man. His name's Roger Harrington. His prints are in a defense department database. He worked at Gnomic Systems" I say. "They make encryption devices for the Pentagon. Really sensitive stuff. His wife, Nora, happens to also work there" Erin said. "Did we find a connection between Perez and our victim" Voight asked. "No, we've got nothing. Zero DNA, no fiber matches. At this point we don't even believe that Perez killed Roger Harrington" Kevin said.

"Mouse, did you get anything off that phone yet" Jay asked. "This thing? No, see, this thing is not a phone. It's a paperweight. Look, how many times do I have to tell you guys? When you bring in an offender, you turn off their phones. Somebody was monitoring that thing, all right? They tracked it back to the district and then they wiped it remotely" Mouse said. "I can get the phone data. No warrant" Antonio said. "Great, from your source who, by the way, have you heard from" Jay asked. "No, he'll turn up" Antonio said. "Meanwhile, we've got police work to do" Voight said.

Later that night, Jay and I were hanging out at my apartment. Well, hanging out isn't really the right word. We were making out. Jay was laying on my couch, and I was straddling him as we kissed. However, we were interrupted because my phone buzzed from it's spot on the coffee table. Jay groaned as I pulled away from him to check who had texted. I skimmed over the text quickly, dropping my phone back onto the table right after I read it. Then, I resumed kissing Jay. "Who was it" Jay asked me. "No one important. Can we get back to making out" I ask. "Yn' Jay said.

I sighed and climbed off of Jay, both of us moving into a sitting position. "That was Amber, Archie's sister" I say. "What'd she want" Jay asked. "For me to get back together with Archie" I say. "Wait. Seriously" Jay asked. "Yep. Archie's whole family has been begging me to get back together with him. They believe that we belonged together" I say. "Have you considered getting back together with him" Jay asked. "What? Hell no. You heard what he said about me and Yates, right" I ask. "Yeah. Me and most of Intelligence" Jay said. "Right. Besides, I have you now, and I don't plan on leaving you any time soon" I say.

........................................

Jay walked into the bullpen with a man following him. "Everybody, this is Dominic Grillo" Jay said. "I'm the reason you guys are all here" Dominic said. "So this is Antonio's CI. I was wondering when we would get to meet you" I say. "Okay, so I couldn't sleep last night, so I ran a Memex search on the flagged phone" Dominic said. "Dominic, Memex? What's Memex" Antonio asked. "It's a visual search tool developed by DARPA. It displays links within criminal enterprises. I've never actually seen it" Mouse said. "Yeah, well, here it is. In this case, the links are between cell phones. We got about 12 cell phones in this cluster. Most of them are burners. No name. We don't know who they are, but the nexus is Nora Harrington. Every one of these phones called her at least once" Dominic said.

"Nora Harrington. The victim's wife" Voight said. "So she set the whole thing up" Adam said. "Meaning she's got the stolen chips. She works in sales. She's going to sell them" I say. "Her husband had access to that gear. So she used him as her inside man" Al said. "Yeah, but how does a woman looks like that, runs in her circles, end up in bed with a career drug runner? And more important, who's she selling to" Voight asked. "Well, likely buyers are terrorists. Local guys with connections overseas" Al said. "All right, so I'm going to state the obvious. We're trying to solve a homicide by looking for computer parts" Adam said. "Yeah, well, we've got no weapon and no homicide scene. If we're going to solve this, we've got to find those chips before they disappear" Voight said.

That same day, we set up cameras in Nora's house when she wasn't home, and when we watched the cameras, we saw that Nora was talking to this one guy. We didn't know what the conversation was about, but all we needed was the man's identity to move forward with our case. "Hey, what are you doing on my equipment" Mouse asked Dominic. "I'm running a criminal facial recognition program. Um, I didn't find anybody" Dominic said. "What, on this guy" Mouse asked and showed him a picture of the guy from Nora's house. "Uh, yeah, what are you running on that" Dominic asked. "Yeah, it's a corporate database. See, I called Gnomic Systems, and they gave me access because I work for the police. Sometimes you've just got to ask" Mouse said. 

"Good job, Mouse. Who is he" I ask. "Meet Aaron Franceur. He's naval academy, et cetera, et cetera. The interesting part is that he's the head of security at Gnomic Systems" Mouse said as Voight's phone rang. He answered it and put it on speaker. "You're on speaker, Erin" Voight said. "The man from inside is coming out. Should Jay and I follow" she asked. "Negative. Stand fast. We need someone sitting on Nora's house" Voight said and hung up. "If he's wrapped up in this, he could be holding the encryption chips to sell himself. He could be our killer" Antonio said. "Expedite a search warrant for his home and his office. Get Olinsky the address" Voight said.

...........................................

"So where are we at" Voight asked. "Well, an investigative alert is out on Nora Harrington. She can't get on a train. She can't go near an airport, and her car is in the garage" Mouse said. "She's still here trying to make a deal. The question is, where" Antonio said. "Hey, guys. Memex. We can use Memex to search all phones related to Nora Harrington, but we geotag them going back six months" Mouse said. "That's actually pretty smart. She knows we're looking for her now but she doesn't know I can track her going back six months" Dominic said.

Dominic started typing away on a computer and pulled up a map. "Okay, these larger circles represent where the phones have been used most frequently. The largest circle is located at Stay Safe Longterm Storage. Unit 8239. All right, this phone was there four times including an hour after the victim's time of death" Dominic said. "All right, find out who's renting that unit. Get everyone. We roll out now" Voight said.

At the storage facility, we found Aaron and the chips, but not Nora. Aaron then led us to Nora, and we brought her down to the station. As Voight and Antonio were talking to her, the lawyer for Gnomic, Dana Goldsmith, walked into the office. "Ooh, little late. Your boy really wanted to talk. Couldn't shut him up" Jay said. "One moment" Dana said and walked over to Jay's desk, writing something down on a piece of paper before heading towards the interview room. "What is that" I ask. "Nothing" Jay replied. "Her phone number. I'll kill her" I say. Jay took the piece of paper, ripping it up into pieces. "You didn't see anything" he said to Mouse. Mouse shook his head and smiled, turning back to his work. Mouse was the second person to find out about me and Jay's relationship, the first being Will. It wouldn't be long before everyone else finds out, and to be honest, I was ready to tell them.