Politics

Yn's POV

"Hey! Looks who's back" Adam said as I walked into the bullpen, my hand laced with Jay's who was walking next to me. "Please tell me you've been cleared for work" Hailey said. "Kim and I need another girl up here." "Sorry, Hails. The doctor cleared me, but Voight wants me to wait another week" I say. "So then what are you doing here" Kevin asked. "I wanted to come say hello. I've been bored out of my mind sitting at home. I miss work" I say.

"I'm sure if you talked to Voight, he'd let you come back, even if it's only for office duty" Kim said. "That's another reason I came in. I talked to Voight down in the lobby, and he shut me down before I could even ask" I say. "Well, since you're here, you could show us that cool scar you have from the surgery" Adam suggested. "I'm warning you, man. It's pretty nasty" Jay said. I scoffed and playfully pushed Jay away from me. "That was so mean. You're an asshole" I say. "Yeah, but I'm your asshole" Jay said and kissed my cheek. "Whoa! This is a PDA free zone" Adam said. Jay held up his hands in surrender and slowly backed away. "All right. I'll stop" he said.

"So the scar" Adam said. "Right" I say and lift up my shirt. In the center of my abdomen were two diagonal lines that connected at the top to form a right angle. "That's so cool" Adam said. "It'll be a cool story to tell in the future" I say and look down at my watch. "Shit. I promised I would go over to my parents' house. I was supposed to be there 10 minutes ago. I'll talk to you guys later." I then gave Jay a quick peck on the lips before headed back downstairs.

A few nights later, the Intelligence unit had finally solved their case, so Jay finally had a night to come over to my place. We were laying in bed together, my stomach pressed against his side, his hand rubbing my arm. Everything was perfect. "I've missed this" I say. "Yeah. Me too. How are you feeling? Is your scar hurting" Jay asked me. "Not really. I'm ready to get back to work" I say. "I bet you are" he said and kissed the top of my head. "So, my mom wants to have a family dinner this weekend, and I'm hoping you'd come with me" I say. "But it's a family dinner" Jay said. "And? I consider you part of the family" I say. "Okay. I'll be there. I love you" Jay said. "I love you too" I say.