Allegiance

A/N: Mentions of periods

Yn's POV

Today started off terrible because I was having the worst period cramps ever. I tried to make myself as comfortable as possible, but everyone knows then when you're on your period, nothing is comfortable. I walked into work wearing a pair of black leggings and a light gray hoodie with my water bottle situated in my hand. Drinking water usually helped with my cramps, and today it did, but not as much as I would've liked.

"There you are. I was wondering when you were going to show up" Jay said as I set my stuff down. "Well, I'm here now. Excuse me for a moment" I say and head towards the locker room with my water bottle in hand. In the locker room, I grabbed my bottle of ibuprofen from my locker and took out two pills just as Jay walked into the locker room. "Are you okay" Jay asked as I swallowed the pills with the help of some water. "I've just got really bad cramps today. I'll be fine" I tell him. "All right. Tell me if you need anything, okay" he asked. "Yeah. Okay" I say.

When Jay and I returned to the bullpen, two agents had walked upstairs and over to Al's desk. "What the hell do you want" Voight asked them. "Bad news, Al. The grand jury voted to indict" the man said. "You're under arrest for the murder of Kevin Bingham. Stand up" the woman spoke. "We're going to need your weapon and badge" the man said, resulting in the woman to pull out some handcuffs. "What, are you kidding me? Handcuffs? He's got 30 years on the job" Voight said. Al did as he was told and placed his gun and badge on his desk. Then, the woman handcuffed his hands behind his back, and the two agents led him out of the bullpen. That settled it. This week was going to be the worst one ever.

.....................................

"Any update, Sarge" Kim asked Voight. "Yep. The bond hearing's in two days. Al will be released then" he replied. "I don't know about that" Antonio said. "Well, I do. I said, he'll be released then. Any more questions? Now's the time" Voight said. All of us looked around at each other, but no one said a word. "Listen, I'm not going to lie. It has been a tough day. But we still have jobs to do, right? The world continues to turn. So, who's got an update on these M4s" Voight asked. 

Everyone turned to me just as a bad cramp hit my stomach. "I just talked to Jay. He confirmed Dexter did not have the guns in his possession. They were sup-" I cut myself off as another cramp hit me, and I winced in pain, wrapping my arms around myself. "You okay there, Ln" Voight asked. "Y-yeah. I'm fine. The g-guns were supposed to be dropped off yesterday, but his connect in Indiana got hung up. They will be dropped off today" I say and sit down, taking a huge gulp of water. Everyone looked at me with concerned looks, but I waved them off. 

"Okay. Do we know who his connect is" Voight asked. "Not at this point" Kim replied. "All right, Atwater, these bangers you're hanging with, do they trust you" Voight asked. "Yeah, Shabazz does. I saved his life" Kevin responded. "Well, I was the guy holding the gun threatening him" Adam said. "How about we get this deal back on track" Voight suggested. "Okay, well, they answer to this dude named Wes. Wes calls all the shots, and his boys just got punked by some white dudes, so he's hot as hell, but I got it" Kevin said.

That same day, the cramps got so bad that I was very close to throwing up. For some reason, the stress of Al's case was getting to me, and it was making my cramps way worse. "Sarge, can I talk to you for a moment" I ask him. "Of course. Shut the door" Voight said. "That's okay. It won't take long" I say. "All right. What's up" he asked. "I was just wondering if I could take a few days off" I say. "You haven't been looking to good, Yn. Are you sure you're okay" Voight asked. "There's nothing a few days of rest can't fix, which is why I'm asking for this" I say. "Okay. Just take it off from your sick days. Are you going to be at Al's bond hearing" Voight asked. "Uh, yeah. I'll try to make it" I say. "Okay. I'll see you then" Voight said.

The afternoon of Al's bond hearing, I put on some formal clothes and met with the rest of Intelligence at the courthouse. Thankfully, my cramps were not that bad today. "Hey. I'm glad you could make it" Voight said. "There was no way in hell I was going to miss this" I say and take a seat next to Jay. "Are you feeling any better" Jay asked me. "Yeah. I mean, I still don't feel 100%, but I'm good" I say.

"State of Illinois vs. Alvin Olinsky. Murder in the second degree, case #542234. Mr. Osha" Judge Maddox said. "Your Honor, given the serious nature of the charge, and the fact that the defendant was a veteran police officer with unique knowledge of the criminal justice system, as well as having access to confidential informants and members of organized crime syndicates, we believe he poses a significant flight risk, and as such, we would request that no bail be set, and that the defendant be remanded to Cook County Jail until trial" Mr. Osha said. 

"Mr. Manetti" Judge Maddox questioned. "Your Honor, the state's request is both preposterous and punitive. This case is built on sand. The only evidence connecting Alvin Olinsky to the homicide victim is a single strand of hair and the testimony of a drug-addled witness. As such, to hold Mr. Olinsky in prison to leverage some sort of plea bargain is unconscionable. Moreover, Mr. Olinsky's put his life on the line for the people of this city for over 30 years" Mr. Manetti said. "Mr. Manetti, this is a bond hearing, not a closing argument. Defendant is remanded into the custody of the Cook County Jail, pending trial. Next case" Judge Maddox said and pounded her gavel on the wooden surface in front of her.

Back at the district, we all gathered in the bullpen. "All right, so what's the next step, Sarge" Jay asked and pulled me closer to him. "Did you talk to Al or his lawyer" I ask. "Is he going to appeal the bond hearing" Antonio asked. Voight didn't answer and continued walking to his office. "Hey! I asked you a question" Antonio said with his voice raised. "Al's going to be out of there. Soon. Real soon" Voight said. "What's that mean" Antonio asked. "It means I'm taking care of things, but I can't get into the details right now" Voight replied. "Why not" Antonio questioned. "Antonio" I say to get him to stop talking, which didn't work. "I appreciate your concern, but you gotta back off now" Voight said. "I want to know what I need to do to help Al, and all I'm hearing from you is nothing" Antonio said. "Because you don't know what you're talking about" Voight shouted before walking into his office and slamming the door behind him.

"Can we get out of here? Please" I ask Jay. "Sure. Want me to stay with you tonight" Jay asked me. "Yeah. That sounds nice. I just really want to get out of these clothes" I say. "I think you look great" Jay said. "Thank you. You look really handsome as well. Does everyone see how fine my man looks in a suit" I ask the unit. "Both of you look amazing. That's magazine cover material right there" Adam said. "All right, we're heading out. We'll talk to you guys tomorrow" Jay said.