Say Her Real Name

Yn's POV

"Hey, Adam! What the hell is going on? I was on my way to the district when Jay called and told me to come here" I say. "One of the girls from the group I was working with called me, so I came over to see if anything was wrong. As soon as Al and I got here, she fell from a window on the top floor. We'll talk more at the district" Adam said.

Back at the district, a white board was already being set up. "Her name was Felicia Hughes. She was a straight-A liberal arts student at DePaul. A few priors for disturbing political rallies, but that's it" Adam said. "What was she doing at the Wexford" Erin asked. "I don't know" Adam replied. "More specifically, what's she doing at the Wexford in 6-inch heels and a miniskirt" Voight asked. "These big trade conferences, they attract high-priced escorts who come in from all over the country. Maybe she was trying to earn some tuition money" Antonio suggested. "There is no way. This girl wasn't the type" Adam said.

"How can you be sure? You didn't even know her real name until an hour ago" Jay said. "What about the Black Grid group? Do you think they had anything to do with this" Al asked. "They're not killers, you know? They're college kids with oil jugs" Adam said. "Either way, have patrol sit on their meeting place. What about people in Felicia's life? Maybe they know something" Voight said. "Boss, I'm telling you, this guy Sosa, he knows something" Adam said. "Fabian Sosa's from a big, politically connected family. Apparently he's in town to negotiate some natural gas deal" I say. "Well, too bad, because we can't get anywhere near him. The feds are afraid we're gonna set off some sex scandal with a foreign crony" Voight said. "I've got a CI escort who works the Wexford. I can reach out" Antonio said. "Do it. All right, Adam, you start with the body. Yn, keep him company" Voight said.

...........................................

"The tox report won't be in until at least next week, and the blood test shows alcohol and benzodiazepine" the coroner said. "Xanax" I ask. "That or something like it. She also has bruising behind her left triceps, which might indicate someone right-handed grabbed her forcibly" the woman said. "Okay, so homicide" Adam said. "That's your job. But if she was thrown over, with all that booze and pills in her, I doubt she could have put up much of a fight" the coroner said.

At the district, the team was still struggling to get information to vital questions. "So why would she be hooking at the Wexford" Voight asked. "All right, maybe it's a honey trap set up by the Black Grid. Get picked up by someone at the conference, someone like this prick Sosa, right? Incriminate him. Now, how they knew that he would beeline for her instead of all the other girls in the bar that night, I don't know" Adam said. "Because she was 18" Nadia said. "Well, I put a call into Interpol, one of the few perks of working on a task force, and it turns out Sosa has quite a reputation with the ladies. They've linked him to escort services in half a dozen cities. He was even charged with soliciting down in Australia, but his consulate got it squashed" Erin said.

"I've got his itinerary. He's supposed to go to a global currency meeting at McCormick Place in an hour" Mouse said. "Let's grab him up" Adam said. "You know we can't legally detain Sosa without the feds' cooperation, right? And Agent Rose hasn't returned any of my calls. So read into that however you want" Jay said. "Are you kidding me? This girl's from Lincoln Park. She's from Chicago. We're going to let this guy come in and kill her and throw her out a window like a bag of trash and then he just gets away with it? Is that how we're going to play this" Adam asked. "You ever hear of rendition" Voight asked. "Mouse and I have" Jay said. "All right, everybody vest up. We're going to show him the Chicago version" Voight said.

..........................................

"Hey. Did you crack Sosa's phone yet" I ask Mouse. "Yeah, like, two minutes ago" Mouse said. "You see Mouse, when you get access to important information, you pick up the phone and call me" I say. "Right. Is it legal to open unread emails" Mouse asked. "We're pretty much past that at this point" I say. "Okay. This one says. 'You will deposit $200,000 into the following account within 12 hours, or this video will be released to news outlets worldwide. You are already a philanderer. Do you want to be called a murderer?' That's a blackmail letter" Mouse said. "You think" I ask. "Okay, you're being sarcastic. I can see why Jay likes you" Mouse said.