The Wedding

Y/n's POV

Today was the day. I was finally getting married to Jay, and in a few hours, I would be Mrs. Halstead. Our wedding was going to be pretty small, with just close family and friends. We also mandated that everyone be tested for COVID, just to be on the safe side since there was a pandemic and all. And while part of me was super excited, the other half of me was scared out of my mind.

"Y/n, would you relax? You're freaking out for no reason," Hailey told me.

"I have a reason! I'm about to get married," I retort.

"To Jay, who is the love of your life. You have nothing to worry about. Now, sit down and let Kim do your hair," Hailey ordered. If Hailey wasn't here, I would've been a mess. She was making sure I stayed calm, which is exactly what I needed right now. Along with Hailey, who was my Maid of Honor, Kim and my sister Chloe were my two other bridesmaids. Jay had Will as his best man, and Adam and Kevin were his two groomsmen. Chloe's children, Cara and Milo, were also a part of the wedding. Cara was going to be the flower girl, and Milo the ring bearer. Everything had been planned out perfectly, and I needed it to stay that way.

"I'm so glad you're finally getting married," Chloe chirped from where she was sitting with a champagne glass in her hand. "I mean, I thought it would've been to Archie but..."

"But Archie and I didn't work out," I interject. "And besides, Jay is perfect."

"I know. He's perfect for you," Chloe admitted. "I like him more than Archie too, but don't tell Archie I said that."

I laughed softly. "Don't worry. As far as I know, he still thinks you like him." So all of us began getting ready, doing each others' hair and makeup, putting on our dresses, etc. Once we were all ready, it was basically a waiting game. We all had to stay in the back while the guests arrived at the church so that none of them saw us before the ceremony. As time progressed, I got more nervous, but also more excited. When everyone was seated, the whole bridal party, minus Jay, waited at the front of the church for the procession to start.

"My brother is one lucky guy. You look amazing," Will said and walked over to me.

"Thanks, Will. How's Jay doing? Was he nervous?" I ask.

"A little," Will replied. "But he's fine. The only thing he wants is to marry you. Our uh, our mom would have loved you, and I'm sure my dad did too."

I smiled. "I'm sure your mom was amazing. And I'm really glad I got to meet your dad." Just then, Hailey started ushering everyone into their spots for the procession, meaning it was time to get started. "Well, this is it. I'll talk to you later Will." Will nodded and gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze before making his way up to the front of the line where Hailey was waiting for him. I was then joined by my father.

"Look at you. You're gorgeous," my father told me.

"Dad, please don't cry. If you cry, I'm going to cry, and my makeup is going to get ruined," I exclaim.

"It's not everyday my youngest daughter gets married. But I'll stop, only because you asked," my father spoke. That's when the music started, and the procession started walking. My father and I slowly inched our way to the doorway that led into the church, and as we approached the entryway, I got more and more nervous. I don't know why I was nervous though because I was about to marry the love of my life. At that moment, my dad and I reached the arch, and with one step, we had entered the main part of the church. I looked up, and as soon as I saw Jay standing there with all of my friends, all of my worry melted away. Seeing him in a suit was one thing, but knowing that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him made me ecstatic. At the front of the church, my father handed me off to Jay, leaving me with a kiss on the head before taking his seat. As the priest started the ceremony, all I could focus on was Jay, whose smile was giving me butterflies. It wasn't until we got to the vows that I snapped out of my daze. Jay started first, repeating his lines just as the priest requested.

"I, Jay, take you Y/n, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold from this day forward. For better or worse. For richer or poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow," Jay recited, all with a small smile on his face. I did the same, repeating exactly what the priest asked me too.

"I, Y/n, take you Jay, to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold from this day forward. For better or worse. For richer or poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow," I repeat. After that was the exchanging of the rings, and when Jay slipped my ring onto my finger, it all dawned on me how real this was, and that my life was about to change. The priest spoke his last few lines, and finally, the words I had been wanting to hear for months spilled from his lips.

"Jay, you may kiss your bride," the priest stated. Jay didn't hesitate and pulled me towards him, pressing his lips to mine, which caused everyone to clap. The kiss only lasted for a few seconds, but it was easily the best few seconds of my life. "Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Jay and Y/n Halstead."