The Forgotten

Yn's POV

"Oh my god! Look at you two. You're so cute" Lexie gushed to Jay and I as we walked into the garage hand in hand.

"Lexie, stop! You're going to make me blush" I say and attempt to cover my face.

"She's not wrong though. We do look pretty cute together" Jay confirmed.

"Listen to your boyfriend, Yn" Lexie said.

"All right. I'm officially distancing myself from you two" I say and take a few steps away from them. "I think I'll go stand over by my partner."

"I accept you with open arms" Adam said.

I laughed and walked over to Adam, giving him a tight hug. "Now this is cute" I say and gesture to Adam and I.

"Hell yeah it is! Look at us" Adam said.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't just see you pick your partner over your boyfriend" Jay said.

"I'm sorry Jay, but Adam's by number 1" I say.

"Yeah? Who's on your lock screen" Jay asked me.

I took out my phone and turned it on to reveal a picture of Jay and I at a Blackhawks game. I had lived in Chicago my whole life, and before that picture was taken, I had never gone to a Blackhawks game. So, Jay had bought me a Blackhawks jersey and took me along with him and Will to a game. Of course though, I loved Jay's jersey way more than my own. In the picture, Jay and I were standing side by side, and he had his arm wrapped around me. Our backs were facing the rink, and we had huge smiles on our faces.

"Okay, I guess you're my number 1" I say to Jay.

"That's what I thought" Jay said.

"All right, everyone. We're heading out in 5 minutes" Voight said.

"Copy that, Sarge" I say.

That night, the undercover job went well, and we caught LeMonte's crew with drugs. It was Lexie's last job as a CI for us because she had to move out to Ohio to help with her sick mother. However, the next morning, something was wrong. Lexie was missing, and it looked like a struggle had gone down in her house.

"Where are we at" Voight asked. 

"I talked to a CI close to LeMonte's crew. As far as he knows, he didn't order a hit" Antonio said. 

"I ran Lexie's phone records. One caller popped. Keith Stinson, he owns Scarlet Lace, the club where Lexie dances. He's got a prior for sexual assault, called her four times. The last call was at 4:22 a.m., an hour or so before the witness heard the screaming" Hailey explained. 

"Techs found Stinson's prints in three places in her apartment" Jay added. 

"Well, I'm sure he wasn't happy Lexie was moving back to Ohio" Voight said. 

"Right, so he probably went over there; he confronted her" Jay said. 

"All right, you and me. Let's go scoop him up" Voight said to Jay. 

"Sarge, why don't you let me and Hailey go" Jay asked. 

"What are you saying, Jay" Voight questioned. 

"I'm just saying let's get him the right way" Jay said. 

Voight sighed. "All right. You and Upton."

A bit later, while Jay and Hailey were out, the rest of us were at our desks either typing away at our computers or looking through some files. That's when my phone buzzed with a message.