Season 3; Life Is Fluid

Yn's POV

"Good morning, ladies" Antonio said to everyone as him and Voight entered the office. "Um, as a member of the female gender, I feel offended" I say. "Whatever Ln. This is Benji Keyes, known on the street as Benji Bones. Priors for possession with intent to distribute, concealed weapon, and has been ID'd as a street captain for his brother" Antonio said. "Derek Keyes: number one on Chicago's most wanted. Narcotics estimates that over half the city's heroin comes from Keyes. Been after him for years. Every time they send in undercovers, they hit a wall" Voight said. "A CI of mine gave up a location on Benji Bones. We grab him, he'll lead us to Derek" Antonio said. "This can't be a typical grab, because if Derek finds out we're onto him, he'll dive deeper underground. So we've got to extract Benji Bones without anybody knowing. That means everybody gets blacked out" Voight said.

After the bust where we captured Benji, I walked over and sat on the edge of my desk so that I was facing where Jay was sitting. "I'm digging the beard. It makes you look even hotter" I say. "I'm trying a new look" Jay said. "Yeah? Well, it's definitely working" I say. "Thanks, Yn" Jay said. "You're welcome" I say.

The next day, we were getting Jay to go undercover with Benji so we could get Derek. "So you decided on the sky blue" I ask Mouse and gesture to Jay's shirt. "Yep" Mouse said. "I told you my color would win" I say. "Wait a minute. Mouse said he picked this out" Jay said. I gasped and whacked Mouse in the back of the head. "You're taking credit for my idea. Jay, I was the one who picked out the sky blue, and can I just say, I made the right call" I say. "All right, 100 grand in small bills from the 1505 fund, baby" Adam said and placed a bag on the table.

"Okay, here we go. Benji just confirmed the location of the meet. He's going to intro Halstead to Derek as a potential buyer who can expand his market into the North Side. We get a deal on camera, we'll move in" Voight said. "Where's the meet" Jay asked. "Main terminal at Midway" Voight replied. "That's a lot of moving parts. Planes, trains, vehicles, and the no-fly zone over the airport" Antonio said. "Hey, it's Derek Keyes. We'll make it work" Jay said. "Good luck" I say and give Jay a hug.

Adam, Antonio, Kevin, and I were in one car while Voight and Al were in another. We were watching Jay through a camera hidden in his shirt. Things were going well at first. We got Derek on camera, Jay introduced a deal, but then Derek pulled out a gun. "Sarge, we've got a gun" Adam said into the radio. "Stay put. Lets wait for a minute" Voight said. I watched on the camera as Derek took aim at Benji, and then fired his gun. "Shots fired" Adam said into the radio. I didn't even wait to hear Voight give the clear before I was exiting the car and running into the airport.

I ran the fastest I had ever run in my life. My feet carried me through the airport, and soon, I was stopped by security. "CPD. I'm with Intelligence. We've got a guy through there. I need to get through" I say. The guard looked at me for a minute before letting me through. I ran down another hallway and into the room where Jay just was. The rest of the team was on my tail, and as soon as I saw that Jay was nowhere in sight, I stopped in my tracks and pulled out my radio. "Central CPD Intelligence, we've got a DOA, and an officer's been abducted" I say and turn around, throwing myself into Adam's arms, letting the tears fall.

......................................

"Sarge, this came from my CI. I'll take the hit" Antonio said. "Where are we at with the SUV" Voight asked. "We've got all available patrol units searching. The problem is, there's no plates" Antonio said. "Well, what about the TSA badges they used to get past security" Voight asked. "The badges were stolen from several employees yesterday. TSA didn't report them missing until this morning" Kevin said. "Keyes shot and killed his own brother. What do you think he's going to do to Halstead" Adam asked. "Can we please not think about it? Lets just get to work" I say.