Buried Secrets

Yn's POV

"Hey, Jay, before you go," Platt said and interrupted us from leaving the district.

"What's up?" Jay asked and walked over to the front desk, me following close behind.

"I've been holding on to mail and notifications for Upton. There's a few subpoenas, not that I looked, but there's some must-appear court dates next week," Platt spoke and placed a huge stack of papers in front of him.

"Ugh," Jay groaned and took the stack. "I guess I'll cover these until she gets back."

"Have fun with that," I joke.

Platt scoffed. "If she gets back."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"The feds have a really sneaky way of holding on to good people. They make them wear nice suits, and they pay them really well," Platt said.

"Well, Hailey doesn't like nice suits," Jay pointed out.

Platt smiled. "Uh-huh, I'm sure she doesn't."

When we got inside the apartment, I took off my coat and shoes, pet Chief, and then made my way over to the couch where I plopped down. Jay followed suit and took the seat next to me, pulling me into his lap.

"I'm exhausted," I mumble and and wrap my arms around his neck, placing my head against his skin.

"It has been a long day," Jay agreed. "Lets get to bed."

"Uh. Its so far away," I murmur. Jay laughed and wrapped his arms around me, so that when he stood up, he was holding me in his arms. He then took me all the way into our bedroom where he set me down. Once I was situated, he walked over to the dresser to pull out some clothes. "Thank you," I mutter and pull the blanket over me.

"You aren't going to change?" Jay asked me.

"Nope. I'll be fine. Good night," I say.

"Night," Jay replied.

It felt like I was asleep for only a few minutes. Because when I woke up, I was still very tired. I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window, seeing that it was still dark outside. I groaned and sat up to see Jay rummaging through his clothes.

"Jay? Why did you wake me up?" I ask.

"Voight just called. We've got a case. Its a big one," Jay answered.

"What the hell did you do?" I ask Adam as Jay and I entered the bullpen.

"Okay, so I saw a kidnapping, and while chasing said kidnappers, I may have crashed a car," Adam told me as I glanced at the cut on his head.

"You're an idiot. Did you know that? But you're also my partner, which means I have to look out for you. Don't pull a stunt like that ever again," I scold him.

"Yes ma'am," Adam responded.

"All right, let's start at the beginning. Describe the woman who was abducted," Voight said to Adam.

"I only saw her briefly, but she was a blonde Caucasian, about 5'8, early 20s," Adam informed us.

"What about the guy?" Jay asked.

"I never saw his face. He was wearing a brown jacket, navy blue hoodie, had gloves on. I'd say 5'11, 170 pounds, athletic build," Adam said.

"Have we found any evidence to corroborate Adam's account?" Voight asked.

"Not yet. There's no POD cameras on that block. I'll go check businesses in the area as soon as they open," Vanessa spoke.

"I reached out to all the districts, combed through the missing persons reports. Nobody fitting the woman's description has been reported missing," Platt told us as she walked up the stairs.