Now I'm God

Yn's POV

"All right, I'm going to talk to Voight. Wish me luck" I say. "Good luck" Jay said and gave my hand a soft squeeze. I smiled at him before walking over to the entrance of Voight's office and knocking on the door. "Hey, Sarge. Do you have a moment" I ask. "Sure Ln. Come on in" Voight said. I entered Voight's office and shut the door behind me, taking a seat in the chair in front of Voight's desk.

"What did you want to talk about Ln? Make it quick. We've got to be at the hospital for our next case" Voight said. "Right. Uh, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while about this, but uh.........." I couldn't finish my sentence. "Spit it out Ln" Voight said. "Jay and I are dating" I say. Voight looked at me for a second, no emotion on his face. Then, he spoke. 

"Get out of my district" he said. "What" I ask. "Did I stutter? Get out of my district, Ln" Voight said. "But I didn't do anything wrong" I say. "I have one rule here. That rule is that there is no dating within the unit. You broke that rule, so leave. Right now" Voight said sternly. I stood up, tears forming in my eyes, and turned around, leaving the office. 

"Hey. How'd it go" Jay asked me. "I-I think I got fired" I say. "What? He fired you because you're dating Jay" Kevin asked. Jay and I had told the whole team the night before at Molly's, so they all knew about us already. "H-He didn't exactly say that I was fired, but he told me to leave the district. I should uh, I should get going" I say. "What? No. Yn, you don't have to leave" Jay said. "Yeah, well, what Voight says go. Can one of you guys talk to him and ask if I'm fired" I ask. "Of course. I'll talk to him later" Erin said. "Great. Bye guys" I say and grab my bag before leaving the district. 

About 2 days later, I was summoned to the district for some unknown reason. I walked into the bullpen and saw that everyone was there. "Hey guys. Do any of you know what I'm doing here" I ask. "Voight wants to talk to you" Antonio said. "I was called here to talk to Voight? If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come" I say. "I think you'll like what he has to say" Adam said. I sighed. "Fine" I say.

I walked over to Voight's office and knocked on the door. "Yn. Come on in" Voight said. I entered the room and took a seat, never meeting Voight's eyes. "So, I've considered what I told you" Voight said. "Let me guess. I'm fired" I say. "No, actually. You're welcome to stay in the unit" Voight said. "But you said that you didn't allow relationships  in the unit, and I'm sorry Sarge, but I'm not breaking up with Jay" I say. "You don't have to. Listen, after talking with everyone else, and thinking about what a great detective you are, I've decided that I'd be an idiot to let you go" Voight said. "So I'm back? That's it" I ask. "That's it" Voight said. "Uh, cool. Thanks Sarge" I say and leave the office.

"So? What'd Voight say" Jay asked. "I'm uh, I'm still on the team" I say. "That's amazing" Jay said and hugged me. "I told you you'd like what he had to say" Adam said. "Wait a minute. Voight said you guys all talked to him" I say. "He asked what we all thought of you, and of course we wanted you to stay" Erin said. "You guys are amazing. I love you all" I say. "We love you too. How about we head to Molly's? The first round is on me" Jay said. "That sounds amazing. Lets go" I say.