Fractures

Y/n's POV

"What do we got?" Voight asked as he met up with us on the scene.

"Harvey Clarke, 44, multiple stab wounds on his back and torso. He's on his way to Med," Hailey disclosed.

"It sounds like a home invasion gone wrong," Jay put forth. "Clarke said a guy busted in the side door, went for his late wife's jewelry. Described him as a thin, young Hispanic male."

"Clarke lives here with his two daughters. The one who was inside, Candace, she's 14 years old. But there's also an older one, Darlene, she's 16. She went to school early and probably has no idea this ever happened. I called Social Services, and they're taking them to their grandmother's house. She's the only local relative. The mother passed away from some sort of autoimmune thing," I share.

"All right, so I found two cash counters and a bag of rubber bands in the garage, which means that whatever our victim does, he does it in cash. But Sarge, there's no sign of forced entry at all, which means that whoever did this possibly just walked right in. They could have had a key or the door was open," Kevin suggested. "But I think that's worth asking some questions."

"Yeah," Voight agreed. "Maybe the offender knew him. Chase it, Kev. Okay, I want to work this wide. Kim, have Forensics dust the whole house for prints. Adam, look for patterns of break-ins, known burglars in the area." As soon as Kevin, Adam, and Kim left, Voight turned to Jay, Hailey, and I. "Meet me two blocks east in five."

"Oh this isn't gonna be good," I murmur and climb into Jay's truck. Five minutes later, we met up with Voight, who was leaning against the side of his car. There, he explained to us what was going on, and it was just as bad as I thought it'd be.

"The FBI has an active investigation into the disappearance of Roy Walton?" Hailey questioned.

"You told us they weren't gonna do anything more than put his picture up in the post office. We're talking about the end of our careers, disbanding of the whole unit, and possibly prison," Jay listed off.

"They have nothing. It's a fishing expedition. And if they have anything more than nothing, I'll find out. Look, if we stick together-" Voight cut himself off as Jay just shook his head and walked off. "We'll be fine."

..............................................

"Everyone, this is Agent Walker North, FBI," Platt introduced. "He's leading the investigation into Roy Walton. He's gonna be hanging around a bit."

Voight waved him into the bullpen. "Come on in, Agent North. I pulled all our files and have got you set up right over here. So, Agent North is gonna be speaking to each of you over the next few days and figuring out if Roy Walton might have gotten away."

"This is all just routine," North assured us. "Please, carry on with your work."

"You heard the man. Let's go," Voight urged.

"All right, Harvey Clarke owns two nightclubs in Little Village. Both are lowbrow dives," Adam started.

"And according to a civil case a customer filed against Clarke, this is his head of security, Lorenzo Santiago, 26 years old," Kim continued.

"Right, and that's the soft complication. He's also a documented shot-caller in the local neighborhood gang, Los Guerreros," Kevin stated.

"We've got numerous phone calls between Santiago and Clarke. GPS puts Santiago at the Clarke residence two days before the stabbing and multiple times before that," Hailey declared.

"That's where we've run into a problem," I interject. "If Clarke knew this guy, then why didn't he just ID him when we asked? And we've got no way of asking for another few hours. Clarke's in an induced coma."