The Devil You Know

Yn's POV

"Wakey wakey" Adam sang and turned on the lights in the breakroom where Jay and I were napping on the couch together.

"Turn the lights off" I mumble sleepily.

"No can do Yn" Adam replied.

"I hate you" I mutter and turn around, burying my face in Jay's chest.

"What time is it" Jay murmured.

"Time for you both to get up. Lets go lets go lets go" Adam bellowed.

I groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes. "Rojas and Burgess are ready to go?"

"Yep" Adam said.

"Pregnant and undercover. It's a good name for a reality show" Jay spoke, referring to Kim.

Kim had recently told us all that she was pregnant, and I was really happy for her. I knew her and Adam weren't together, but if anyone deserved this, it was them. After everything that has occurred with Erin and Al and Antonio, something good needed to happen.

"All right. We'll meet you in the garage in a minute. Just give us a second to get up" Jay told Adam.

"Gotcha" Adam said and left the room.

Instead of getting up, I fell back into Jay's arms, and he pulled me back against his chest. I smiled, and when I pressed my nose against his shirt, I inhaled a hint of his cologne.

"We should probably get down there before Voight comes up to yell at us" Jay finally said after a moment of silence.

"Even though I hate to admit it, you're right" I confess. "Lets go."

"Rojas, fill us in" Hailey announced as Jay and I entered the garage.

"All right. Our target is the DTO we've been jamming on. Finally getting a chance to buy up. I'm fronting as an in-between for a big player. I mean, today is step one, a test ride, quarter brick of H. I take it to my boss, make sure he likes the product, we do a major sale next week. At least that's what my guy thinks. Instead, we take down my guy today and flip him" Vanessa explained. 

"Great, we'll have eyes on you inside and out. I'll be up top, Kev and Kim will be right there with you. Adam, Yn, and Jay will take your guy down as soon as he hits the street" Hailey informed her. 

"Dibs" Adam called out.

"What? You can't call dibs on taking down someone. It's a whoever-gets-there-first sort of thing" I point out.

"Oh, well then I'm definitely getting there first" Adam said.

"You're on" I challenge.

However, neither Adam or I got to take down our guy because Hailey called us off seconds after Vanessa and our guy made the exchange. I didn't know what the hell made Hailey react the way she did, but I certainly going to find out. Finally, once everyone re-grouped, I found out why Hailey had stopped us from taking the dealer down.

"What happened" Voight asked. 

"The dealer, he's one of us" Hailey replied. "Kelly Tyler. PO. Assigned to Area South Mission Team, TAC." 

"11-year veteran. Nothing but standard beefs" Jay added. 

"And we're sure it's him" Voight questioned. 

"Yeah. We went to the Academy together. He might've asked me out on a date. I might've said no" Hailey responded. 

"Well, maybe he was just doing what we're doing. Got our wires crossed. He could've been detailed to DA or Customs" Voight pointed out.