Season 9; Closure

Note: Longer chapter

Y/n's POV

The more I stared down at myself and my gear, the more I wanted to ditch and burn every last fiber of it. All it did was remind of me the unspeakable. And no matter how much I tried to forget, I knew I wouldn't. No, I couldn't.

"Actually, Jay, I'm gonna take a quick shower," I call out to my husband, who was still in the main living area. "Give me like 5 minutes."

Stepping into the shower helped relax me, but I still had a huge weight to carry on my shoulders. However, about a minute in, I still couldn't help but feel that I was dirty, in a way. I had crossed a line that I never imagined myself crossing. So, I scrubbed at my skin as hard as I could with soap in hopes that I could get rid of the "uncleanliness" that I felt. But that only irritated my skin, causing a small burning sensation to arise. After facing the fact that I would feel this way until I was certain that no one would find out about Roy, I got out of the shower and put on some fresh clothes. At the hospital, I found that Jay and I were the last of the team to arrive. Even Platt was already there. I took an open seat farthest away from everyone and pulled my knees up to my chest, my heels balancing on the edge of the seat. Placing my arms on top of my knees, I rested my head against my forearms and stared down at the floor.

"Hey," Jay greeted everyone. "We know anything?" When I glanced up to see if someone would answer Jay's question, my eyes met with Voight's, but I looked away just as quickly. That's when Kim's doctor arrived, and I let out a small breath, glad that the awkwardness in the small waiting room would finally be over.

"All right, she made it through surgery. She's in stable condition at the moment, but she suffered extensive injuries," the doctor informed us. "There's considerable internal trauma, so we all just need to wait and see how her body reacts."

"What the hell does that mean?" Adam quizzed. "Is she gonna make it or not?"

"She's stable for now," the doctor restated. "We're doing everything we can."

"You and I both know that that's not the best that you can do. We need more details," Adam demanded. "What are we talking about here? Is it a 50/50 chance? Better? Worse?"

"It's not productive to make predictions. Like I said, we're doing everything we can," the doctor claimed and walked off. At that moment, Miller arrived at the hospital and pulled Voight aside, and the two discussed what looked like something important in hushed voices. But it wasn't long before they were interrupted by Platt. After the interruption, Voight distanced himself from Miller and walked back over to the rest of us.

"Listen up. Roy's SUV was clocked outside a warehouse at 3 pm," Voight announced. "No camera shows it ever left. Call of shots fired came in at 9 pm, at the same location. We're crashing it now."

"Boss, I need to stay with Kim," Adam insisted.

"Yeah, you're right," Voight agreed. "You stay. Y/n, you'll be with Atwater today. Lets move." As everyone walked off, I stopped near where Adam was standing and took ahold of his hands, giving them a light squeeze.

"Adam, Kim's strong, okay? She's gonna pull through," I assure him. "I know she will. She's done it before and she'll do it again. Just make sure Makayla's all right and try to keep your head on straight."

Adam gave me a small smile. "Will do. Thanks, Y/n."

..................................................

"Jay, you and Kevin cover the front," Voight ordered. Both of them nodded and walked off, leaving me along with Hailey and Voight.

"What are we doing?" Hailey whispered.