This City

Yn's POV

"Jay, can you get the cupcakes out of the oven while I'm preparing the frosting" I ask.

"Sure thing, babe" Jay said and walked over to the oven.

Jay and I were bored at home, and both of us had a sweet tooth, so we figured we'd make some cupcakes together. We had never really cooked food together, so this was also the time to explore some fun things we could do every now and then. As I was mixing the icing, Jay swooped in and swiped some icing with his finger.

"Jay! That's for the cupcakes" I say.

"I know, but I just couldn't help myself" Jay admitted.

At that moment, I had the best idea ever. I took the whisk out of the bowl, with icing dripping from it, and flicked it at Jay. The icing from the whisk flew and then hit Jay right in the middle of his chest. For a second, Jay stood there in shock. However, a smirk soon made it's way onto his face. Before I could react, Jay scooped some icing from the bowl onto his hand and swiped it across my face, leaving a huge icing trail.

"Jay" I shriek.

"You started it" Jay said.

I scoffed at him, grabbing some more icing from the bowl. This man was definitely going to regret what he said. With that being said, I smashed my palmful of icing on his face, getting it all over his nose and mouth. That's when a full on icing war began, and we started flinging icing at each other. However, the war soon stopped because Jay closed the distance between us by pressing his lips to mine, getting more icing on my face. Jay wrapped his arms around my waist, and I rested my hands against his biceps. The icing from both of our hands got all over each other, and now we were both covered with icing.

"Look at this mess" I say and glance around at the kitchen where icing was sitting upon practically every surface.

"How about we clean this up real fast, and then we head to the shower" Jay suggested.

"I like the way you think. Lets do it" I say.

The morning after the icing war, Jay and I had to go to work because we had a new case. Don't get me wrong, I loved my job. Getting to protect the city of Chicago from criminals was amazing. But sometimes I just wanted to spend a few days with my family or boyfriend without having to get called into work.

"Okay, this is the four-block section controlled by a new young faction of the GPs, but to say control is really an overstatement" Jay said. 

"Yeah, these kids are wild" Kevin said. 

"They don't observe any rules or bylaws" Kim added. 

"Any of these young guns stand out from the crowd, make a name for himself" Voight asked. 

"No, but there's a lot of arrests for possession" Adam replied. 

"All right, so follow that. Listen. If there's kids out there dealing drugs, that means someone out there is controlling it somewhere. I mean, talk to gangs. Use what intel they've got" Voight spoke. 

"I reached out to a few of my CIs. If we're banking on the drug angle, they should have a name" Antonio said. 

"Okay, good. But let's move fast. We've got to find a kid who can sit down with Eddie Brackton before this wave gets ahead of us" Voight said.

That night, we had Eddie Braxton and Eric Wilson, the shot caller for the young GPs, meet up at a disclosed location. Voight and Jay were inside with them while Hailey and I were standing watch out front. Out of nowhere, someone started shooting at us, so Hailey and I had no choice but to drop to the ground. As soon as the shooting stopped, Voight came outside.