Intimate Violence

Yn's POV

I was sitting in the waiting room at Chicago Med while Jay was getting checked out by a doctor. Voight wanted him cleared before our next case, and while Jay complained, I booked him an appointment anyways. I was looking through a wedding dress magazine as I was waiting, scanning the pages for dresses I liked. I wanted to get a feel for what I liked so that I wasn't completely lost when I went dress shopping in the future.

"I like this one" Jay said and appeared next to me, pointing at one of the pictures on the page.

I glanced at the dress Jay had pointed at and smiled. The dress had mesh sleeves with flowers on them, a v-neck that didn't go down too far, and an open back. The bodice had the same flowers on the sleeves traced into the material along with the a-line tulle skirt, which went down to the floor.

"What if its too hot out for the sleeves" I ask teasingly.

"It won't be" Jay replied. "Because knowing how much you love fall and winter, our wedding will probably be during one of those seasons."

"I'll keep that dress in mind" I say and stand up so we could head to work. "You good to go?" 

"Good to go. He said avoid bullets. Lead's bad for your health" Jay spoke, causing me to laugh. 

"I just talked to Voight. You and Hailey are officially partners again, which means Adam and I are partners again. Are you okay with that" I question.

"Yep" Jay said and pushed the elevator button.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around Jay's neck. "I cannot wait for us to get married."

"Me too. I just want to call you my wife" Jay murmured and kissed me.

"Units on the citywide. 2533 South Whipple. Armed robbery in progress. Pay-Day Advantage" the dispatcher announced from Jay's radio, interrupting our kiss. 

"That's right up Cermak. Let's go" I state. 

"5021 George, we're rolling on it" Jay confirmed into his radio.

"There's a silent alarm" I point out as we arrived at the address. "5021 Union on the scene. Call's bona fide." 

"Copy that, 5021 Union. Backup en route" a dispatcher responded just as I heard screams coming from around the corner. 

"I got this" I tell Jay. "Go."

...........................................

"All right, what we got was three guys. Two of them go inside to hit the place. Another one's waiting in a van down the street as a getaway driver" Jay explained to the rest of the team. 

"They're experienced and motivated, and they definitely had no problem pulling the trigger" I say and point to the dead body of the security guard. 

"Well, did we get a look at these guys" Voight asked. 

"No, they were wearing masks, and when the shooting started, a bystander got hit, and he was just a guy on his way home from work" Jay answered. 

"The clerk said the offenders were both male and white. She could see their necks under the mask" Kim put in. "She saw them pass the door strip. She said that one was 6'0", and one was 6'4." 

"And the only physical evidence inside the store are these zip-ties, which were used to restrain the victims" Vanessa added and held up an evidence bag. 

"Patrol found the silver van parked about a mile down the road in an abandoned parking lot off Division. It's been torched. It's actually still on fire. Reported stolen about a week ago" Adam informed us.