Safe

Note: A little bit of a longer chapter

Y/n's POV

"My dad used to take me and Will here all the time when we were kids. It's like the seventh year in a row that we've been here for his birthday," Jay told me.

"I'm honored, especially because this is like our first official date since our honeymoon," I comment.

"What, all those nights getting takeout didn't count?" Jay asked jokingly.

"Don't get me wrong, I love just sitting at home eating takeout with you," I confess. "But sometimes it's nice to go out. Plus, I love getting to see Will. He's like my second brother."

"Well, trust me, you'll love this place. The bartender, Marco, he's like 90-something, and he still makes a great martini, but he mixes me and Will up every time he sees us," Jay spoke.

"Really? I mean, you're both handsome, but Will is a redhead and you're a brunette," I note. "The real question here though, is does Marco know his way around a mint mojito?"

"Yes, he does," Jay replied and tapped his fingers against the steering wheel. "Man, this line is taking forever."

"Yeah, it is," I agree.

"Hold on," Jay murmured. He then turned out of the line before speeding off down the street, and stopped quickly in front of an open parking spot.

"Jay, your truck won't fit in that parking spot. Lets just badge the valet," I propose. "We'll get a trophy spot, end of story."

"I've got this," Jay assured me and put the truck in reverse. With one swift movement, Jay backed into the parking spot, but all of the sudden, the truck lurched to a stop.

"That was the curb," I point out. "But you're adorable for trying."

Jay laughed. "I'm not sure that was a compliment."

I smiled and leaned over, pressing a quick kiss to Jay's lips. "How's that for a compliment?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure if you meant it," Jay admitted. "You kind of phoned it in." With that, I leaned over the center console for the second time, and this time when we kissed, I moved my hands up to cup Jay's cheeks. The kiss lasted for a good few seconds, and finally, I pulled away, which caused Jay to groan.

"As much as I would love to continue kissing you, you promised me drinks. And I know for a fact that if we would've kissed for longer, we would never have make it into the bar," I declare and open up the passenger door of Jay's truck. "So lets go."

..........................................

"Ugh," Jay groaned and rubbed his eyes as we stepped into the district the next morning. "Was the second bottle of red my bad decision or your bad decision?"

"I want to say it was mutual, but I'm pretty sure it was my decision," I claim as we entered the lobby.

"Morning, campers," Platt greeted us. "Looks like someone's got the Irish flu. And Y/n, would you hold up a minute."

"I'll meet you upstairs," I tell Jay before heading over to the front desk. "What's up?"

"Voight's looking for you. Something about last night, the class you were supposed to teach. You know, not everyone gets picked to be a guest instructor at the academy," Platt said.

"I got that covered," I state. "Was there a problem?"

"Did you know Voight was gonna be there?" Platt posed. After that, I quickly thanked Platt and headed upstairs, where I met up with Jay in the break room.