Rage

Y/n's POV

"Jay," I breathe out.

"Mm," Jay hummed against the skin of my neck. His body was currently resting in between my legs, which were wrapped around his waist, and the two of us were spending some time together. Very physical time.

"It's late. We should get to bed," I urge.

"Are you trying to tell me you're not enjoying yourself right now?" Jay questioned.

"What? No," I answer quickly. "I'm actually having a great time. I just think it'd be a good idea for us to get some sleep for once."

"5 more minutes," Jay begged.

I smiled. "Fine. 5 more minutes." So, Jay leaned up and pressed his lips to mine hungrily. My hands moved from where they were resting on Jay's back up to his neck, causing me to deepen the kiss. However, just before things could heat up even more, my phone buzzed loudly from its place on the nightstand.

"No," Jay groaned and distanced himself from me. "Why does this always happen to us?"

"Believe me, I know," I mutter and reach over to grab my phone. "It's from Kev. We've got a new case."

"On some days I hate our job," Jay commented. We met up with the rest of the team at the crime scene, where CSIs were already pouring over everything.

"Ava was raped," Hailey notified us. "Two GSWs, point-blank range. Looks personal to me." 

"Our recording suggests this is the Lords taking care of a rat. So let's compile a list of all documented bangers on this block. I want the whole set, from the shot-caller to the shorty slinging bags. Let's get a run on all sex offenders in the area too," Voight added. "In the meantime, work that alley. And get a rush on ballistics. This is a gang, chances are they use the same weapons to solve other problems. Let's go."

"Hey," I greet Adam as I walked into the district the next morning. "What were you talking to Platt about? Let me guess. You need help sorting through all your subpoenas. Again. And as much as I love you, I will not be doing that for a second time."

Adam laughed. "Thank you. It's nice to know that my partner has my back."

"I'm just telling you so you don't have to go through the pain of asking again," I say.

"Got it," Adam confirmed. "And no, I was asking Platt for a favor. Nothing important. Is everybody upstairs?"

"I'm gonna assume so," I guess. "So we should probably meet them up there."

"The M.E. found fragments consistent with a 9-millimeter, but there's no clean rifling impressions, so it's a dead end," Hailey concluded. 

"Okay, where we at with the G-Park Lords?" Voight implored.

"Patrol and Tact grabbed about ten of them. They're eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - in lockup, not talking," Jay declared.

"Well, at least we do have an idea of who Ava was supposed to drop the dime on. Her phone records indicate that she was tight with two self-admitted G-Park Lords known as the Page cousins, Daniel and Xavier. Xavier's actually an ex-boyfriend, and we do have eyes on him, in the Danville penitentiary. He was scooped up a couple months ago for an unrelated distro charge, so that's another dead end, and so is his cousin, Daniel, because he was on Instagram Live when Ava was killed," Kevin explained.

"Okay, we got anything else? Ava's cell phone, social media. Any threats?" Voight  quizzed.

"She didn't have a social media presence. Most of her calls were to friends or Xavier. Her last phone call was an hour before her murder to her P.O., Gary Franklin," Adam claimed.