Night in Chicago

Yn's POV

"All right. This one is the best one" I call out to Jay from the bathroom.

"Are you sure? The other ones were pretty great" Jay said.

"Oh, I'm positive. You're going to love it" I say.

After getting myself ready, I stepped out of the bathroom to show Jay, but found him facing the night stand. I just stood there for a moment, leaning against the bathroom door frame, and when Jay finally turned around, his jaw dropped.

"Well? What do you think" I ask and twirl around to show off the new lingerie I had just bought. The top and bottom were a dark purple lace, a combination of Jay's two favorite things when it came down to lingerie: dark colors and a lacy material. Another thing Jay was picky about was separation. He didn't like full body lingerie. He wanted two separate pieces because he loved placing a trail of kisses from my jaw to my belly button.

"Wow. You look amazing" Jay said as I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You weren't joking when you said this was the one."

"I told you you'd love it. You don't know how many stores I had to go to to get this in the right color, material, and size" I say.

Jay smiled and lifted me up, bringing me over to the bed. As soon as my back touched the mattress, Jay placed his lips over mine and kissed me passionately. My lips seemed to melt into Jay's, and for a second, I got lost in his touch. However, I soon remembered that there were things to be done, so I pulled away, earning a groan from Jay.

"What was that for" Jay asked.

"You have to get to work, and I have to go to Ollie's girlfriend's gender reveal party later" I say. My brother Ollie's girlfriend, Elena, had found out that she was pregnant a few months ago, which was a huge shock to both her and Ollie, considering they had only been together about a year, but both of them were happy nonetheless.

"Right. What is this, your parents' 3rd grandchild" Jay asked me.

"Yep. Chloe's got Milo and Cara, and now Ollie's having a kid" I say.

"So it's just you now without kids" Jay said. 

"Well, I am the youngest, so I always assumed I would be the last one to have kids anyways" I say.

"Do you want kids" Jay asked me.

"In the future, yeah. I always dreamed of having two, maybe three kids, but it depends on the guy I'm with. It's obviously a huge step in a relationship, so both sides would have to be in agreement. What about you" I ask.

"Yeah. I definitely want kids, but not now. I'll know when the time is right" Jay said.

"Oh my god. Could you imagine us having a mini Jay running around here? I think I'd just about lose it" I say.

"Wait a minute. Did you just say 'us'" Jay asked me.

I smiled. "Well, yeah. I mean, if there's one guy in the whole entire world I'd want to have kids with, it'd be you."

Jay leaned down and kissed me again, but this time it was short and sweet. "I love you, and it would be my honor to be the father of your kids one day."

I laughed and gently pushed Jay off of me so that I could get up. "You should really get going. I don't want you to be late for work."

"All right. I'll talk to you later" Jay said.

Once Jay had left, I got dressed, did a few things around the house, and before I knew it, it was time to head over to the party. "Hey Elena" I say and give her a hug as I greeted her. 

"Yn! I'm so glad you came" she said.

"Of course I came. You're carrying my future niece or nephew. I need to make sure that I retain my reputation as the cool aunt" I say.

"I'm sure you will. I think Ollie is in the backyard, if you wanted to talk to him" Elena said.

"All right. I'll head over to him. I'll talk to you later" I tell her.

I found Ollie in the backyard just like Elena had said, and he was busy munching on a blue cupcake. "Hey big bro" I say.

"Hey baby sis. I'm glad you made it" Ollie said.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. So, what do you think? Boy or girl" I ask.

"I don't really know, to be honest. I'd be fine with either, so it doesn't really matter to me" Ollie said.

"Oh that's bullshit. I know you want it to be a boy so you can teach him to play football or hockey or something" I say.

Ollie laughed and glanced down at the cupcake in his hands. "You're not wrong, but I'd be happy if it was a girl too. I've grown up with two sisters, both of whom I love to death, and I'd love my daughter the same."

"Well, you're going to be a great father. I can already tell" I say.

"You'll be a great mother one day too. Have you and Jay talked about kids" Ollie asked me.

"Actually" I say and take a pink cupcake from a tray. "We talked this morning. We'd really like to have kids together, but sometime in the future. I mean, we just moved in together, and we haven't really been together too long. Along with that, our jobs are pretty hectic, so at the moment, I'm glad I've just got him."

At the end of the day, I was happy to be back at the apartment. I was exhausted from the day's events, and honestly, all I wanted to do was cuddle up to Jay, but he was on a case, so I cuddled with Chief instead. However, as soon as the front door opened, Chief jumped off of the bed and bounded out the bedroom. A minute later, Jay entered the room and smiled when he saw me laying in bed.

"Hey baby. How was the shower" Jay asked me as he took off his holster and badge, setting them in the top drawer of the nightstand.

"It was good. Ollie and Elena are having a boy" I say and open my arms towards Jay.

When Jay saw what I was doing, a small smile settled on his lips, and he climbed into bed with me, pulling my body against his. The warmth that came from Jay's body immediately heated me up, just like always, which was something I loved. For a little bit, we just laid there in silence together, enjoying each other's company. However, Jay soon broke that silence.

"You wouldn't happen to be wearing that lingerie from earlier, would you" Jay asked me.

"Why" I ask him.

"Well, I've been thinking about you all day" Jay said and leaned his head down so that his lips were right next to my ear. "And right now, all I want to do is love my girlfriend."

"I can't promise that you'll find that specific set from earlier. I guess you'll just have to take a chance and see" I say and smile mischievously at him.

"I was going to kiss you no matter what. Get ready to have the best night of your life" Jay said to me before pressing his lips to mine.