Snitch

Yn's POV

"Yn, hey. I heard from Adam that you're not coming in today. What's up? Is something wrong" Jay asked me over the phone. "Nothing's wrong. I just had some things to do, so I took a day off" I say. "Oh. Okay" Jay said. Just then, I heard footsteps behind me, meaning I needed to hurry this up. "All right, I'll talk to you later. Bye Jay" I say and hang up. "Ln? What are you doing here" a man asked. I then turned around and came face to face with Sergeant Kavanaugh. Yep. That's right. I was sitting in my old Sergeant's office. "Hey, Sergeant. Mind if we talk" I ask.

Sergeant Kavanaugh shut the door behind him before taking a seat at his desk. "So, how's Intelligence" he asked me. "It's good. Great, actually. It's been an amazing few years" I say. "Well, it feels like just yesterday you were sitting at the desk right outside my office. I wonder what would've happened if you took your old job back when I offered it to you years ago" Kavanaugh said. "Me too" I say. "You know, we all miss you here" he said. "Are you sure about that? Things between Archie, Johnny, and I have kind of fallen apart, and Charlotte and I haven't spoken in ages" I say. "Just because they haven't said they miss you doesn't mean it isn't true. We still have the old unit picture hanging up out there. The officer who took your place, Brittany Donahue, she's a good cop, but she isn't you. Not even close" Kavanaugh said. "Well, thank you for that, Sergeant" I say.

"So, what's with the visit? I wasn't expecting to see you" Kavanaugh said. "Oh, well, I was hoping to make amends with everyone. The past few weeks, I've been trying to get my life back together, and I figured I'd clean up the mess I made with my old team. I'm never going to forget my time here, and I don't everyone else to only remember me as the Detective who ditched for another unit" I say. "Well, you're in luck. They all just got here" Kavanaugh said. "I guess I better say my piece then. It was nice seeing you again, Sergeant" I say. "You too, Ln. Know that if things ever don't work out with you and Intelligence, I'm always happy to have you back here" he said. "I'll remember that" I say.

When I left Sergeant Kavanaugh's office, the first person to notice me was Archie. "Yn? What the hell are you doing here" he asked. That caused everyone else to to turn towards me, and now I was the center of attention. "Oh my gosh! You're Yn Ln. I'm Brittany Donahue. You're like a legend up here" a girl said and stepped towards me, offering her hand. I shook it gently, and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Brittany. Although I'm not sure what makes me a legend here" I say. "Maybe the fact that you slept with both of the hot young men on the team. Hey, after you broke up with me, and Jay had moved on, did you sleep with your partner in Intelligence? Adam, right" Johnny asked.

"Uh, Brit, could you give us all a minute" Archie asked. "Sure. I'll go brew a fresh pot of coffee. Anyone want some" Brittany asked. "I'll take one" Charlotte said. Brittany nodded and then walked off towards the break room. "So, to what do we owe the pleasure" Johnny asked. "I actually came to apologize" I say. "Apologize? That's a first" Johnny said. "Johhny, just hear her out" Archie said. So far, it looked like Johnny was the only one who was really mad at me, which was pretty good news.

"Charlotte, I'm sorry for losing contact with you these past few years. You were my best friend, and since I left the unit, we haven't really spoken. I'd like to change that. Maybe we can start our weekend jogs again" I suggest. "That sounds great. I'd love to" Charlotte replied. Cool. 1 down, 2 to go. "Arch, being with you was good for a while. I did love you, and I hope you know that. But after transferring to a new unit, and everything that happened with Yates, I thought about how you deserved so much better, so I ended things with you to give you a shot with someone else. Ending things a month before our wedding was not cool of me, and I really wished it didn't turn out that way. Now though, I'd really like for us to be friends again, if that's okay with you" I say.

"I've um, I've forgiven you. I'm actually engaged" Archie said. "That's great. I'm so happy for you, Arch. Who's the lucky lady" I ask. "Well, I believe you two just met" Archie said and gestured to the break room where Brittany was brewing coffee. "You two seem good together. I'm glad you've found someone" I say. "Thanks, Yn" Archie said. Okay, 2 down, 1 to go. It was now time for me to talk to Johnny.

"Johnny, when you and I got together, I had just recently broken up with Jay, and I wasn't looking for anything serious. I realize now that the way I went about things was completely wrong, and I should have told you the truth at the beginning. The reason I stopped seeing you was because I didn't want you to fall for me when I didn't want to be in a relationship. You deserve someone who really loves you, and I know that person is out there somewhere. You're a great guy, and I know because I was lucky to be your partner for 2 years. I hated the way things went down between us, and I'd really like for you to forgive me. I want to start over, and I want things to go back to the way they were before I transferred to Intelligence" I say. Johnny sighed, and I could see the anger draining from his face. "I guess I can try to start forgiving you" he said.

"I'm glad you guys chose to hear me out. Things are going to be different between us now. I promise. Just because we're not in the same unit anymore doesn't mean we can't be friends. How about after your shift, we all go out together. First 2 rounds are on me" I say. "2 rounds? I'm in" Charlotte said. "Me too" Archie said. "Johnny" I ask. "Sure. That sounds fun" he said. "Great. I'll meet you guys up at our old spot after shift" I say. "We'll be waiting" Charlotte said.