Big Friends, Big Enemies

Yn's POV

Our new case was about a shooting that took place right after a concert. The shooting had happened yesterday, and this morning, I was heading into work so that we could continue the case. When I walked into the bullpen, I spotted a vase of beautiful roses sitting on top of my desk. "Oh my god, guys. Who told you roses were my favorite" I ask. "These aren't from us" Antonio said. "Then who are they from" I ask. "No idea. They were sitting up here for you when I came in" Adam said. I peaked at the card attached to the roses, but there was no name. "Huh. That's weird. The card doesn't say who these are from" I say. "Looks like you've got a secret admirer" Jay teased.

"All right. What do we got" Voight asked. "So CPIC said they noticed it about 20 minutes ago. Since then, I found 13 posts. This profile belonging to a banger with the G Park Lords was the first" Jay said. "'TK Ice, bitch thought he tough, but we SHK. G Park Lords gun that punk down. That's right, we get to you anywhere, even when you think you made. Bang bang, bitch'" Kevin read out. "TK Ice is the 16-year-old victim from the alley. His real name is Terrel Kenton. He's a rapper from the South Side. His lyrics are violent, but he's got a clean record" Jay said. "I mean, the kid's from Englewood, so even with no priors, a rapper from that neighborhood is definitely connected to the Southside Hustlers. I mean, everything runs through the gang. Everything from the manager, to the label, to the artist" Kevin said. 

"So if he was our target, this whole thing, the multiple casualties, fleeing into the crowd" Antonio said. "Wait, so we're saying a banger drove all the way to a concert on the North side and shot up a whole crowd of people, just to get to some 16-year-old rapper" Adam asked. "They were looking to send a message. Even if this kid's not a banger, that hit's a pretty big show of muscle" I say. "I'm going to have the gang unit send us all the territorial conflicts" Erin said. "All right, somebody build me a profile on this kid" Voight said. "What do you want to do with the owner of the SUV" Antonio asked. "Check his alibi, corroborate the stolen car. If it syncs, kick him" Voight said. "Guys, we've got a shooting in G Park territory. There are more bodies" Erin said. "All right, run this whole thing down with the FBI. We might not be looking at terrorism. This could be a gang war" Voight said.

..............................................

"Roses, huh" Jay asked. "What" I question. "I didn't know roses were your favorite. I thought you were more of a tulip kind of girl" Jay said. "Well, roses are my favorite because my mom used to grow them all the time when I was a kid. They're a reminder of how much I love my family" I say. "Any idea who sent them yet" Jay asked. "Uh, no. I haven't really looked into it because of the case. I'll find out eventually" I say.

"Area central's gang enforcement tracked the video and picked up the two Southside Hustlers responsible. They still had the guns on them" Adam said. "Both of them lawyered up just as soon as they got the cuffs on them and neither one of them is saying a word" Kevin said. "All right, so what's the traction on the video" Voight asked. "84 posts so far, and they're all direct call outs. Direct threats" Adam said. "So this is a gang war now. All right, bring in someone from CPIC. We've got to track this in real time. Every one of those posts could be a hit" Voight said. "All right, this is TK's manager. Mark Cains, aka 'Markey'" Antonio said and put a picture up on the white board. "Now, Markey's a Southside heavyweight. Since TK signed with him, the kid's been picked up by patrol three times. He always skates off, but the arrest records are who's who." "Big friends, big enemies" Al said. 

"All right, so far, it looks like the gunners are members of one of three G Park Lord factions. Three Corner Kings, 71st Street Rollers, and the Shreveport Knights. We've got to narrow it down from there" Jay said. "That area's always hot. I mean, you've got the three G Park factions and the Southside Hustlers in a 12 block radius" Erin said. "It could easily be a retaliation for some online beef or power struggle" I suggest. "If we're looking for enemies, Markey's label is no joke. He gets talented kids to rap about violence to bring in cash. And if TK is a rapper for Markey, he's making more than music. He's definitely making enemies" Kevin said. "All right, get all of patrol to flood the zone. We've got two priorities now. Locate TK's shooter, and keep this neighborhood from going up in flames" Voight said.