What Could Have Been

Yn's POV

"So, how's work been" Chloe asked me.

"You know, the usual" I say and scoop some scrambled eggs into my mouth.

"You know, every time I ask you about work, that's all you ever say" Chloe informed me.

"What else is there to talk about? Would you like to hear about my near death experiences or run ins with criminals" I ask.

"I would prefer not to" Chloe said.

"Okay, so I'll continue to use my usual answer whenever you ask" I say.

"Onto other matters, how are you and Jay" Chloe questioned.

I laughed and set down my fork. "You're only asking that because you want to go to a wedding."

"All right, that may be part of the motive behind the question, but I also want to know if my baby sister is happy" Chloe said.

"Well, things are pretty good at the moment. Work gets in the way a lot though, so we don't spend as much time together as I'd like, but we're doing great" I say.

"So are we close to a wedding or what" Chloe asked.

"You'd have to ask Jay about that. How about we call him" I suggest and grab my phone from the counter. As soon as I dialed Jay's number, and he answered the call, I put him on speaker.

"Hey, babe. What's up" Jay asked.

"Okay, so I'm at Chloe's right now, and we were talking, and she has a very important question for you" I say.

"All right. What is it" Jay asked.

"Is there possibly going to be a wedding in the near future" Chloe asked.

"Oh, uh, I um, I don't really know if I should answer that" Jay responded.

"I get it. You don't want to ruin the surprise for Yn" Chloe said.

"Right. And Yn, we've got a new case, so Voight wants everyone to come in" Jay said.

"Okay. I'll see you there in a few minutes. Love you" I say.

"Love you too" Jay said and hung up.

"I guess that's my cue to leave" I say and stand up.

"Kids, come say by to Aunt Yn" Chloe called into the living. Seconds later, Milo and Cara sped into the kitchen faster than I expected, and wrapped their arms around me.

"Can't you stay a bit longer" Cara asked me.

"Sorry Car, but I've got to get to work" I say.

"Will we see you soon" Milo asked.

"Of course. Bye kiddos" I say and ruffle their hair.

................................................

"Blair Williams, 32 years old. Born and raised in Connecticut, wealthy family. He studied politics at Princeton and moved to DC shortly after graduating" Hailey said. 

"He spent his whole career as a political consultant. Good reputation too. Been in Chicago the last two months working for Kelton. He was found last night at 10:18 p.m., two GSWs. So far, nothing on forensics or ballistics yet" Jay said. 

"Does Blair got any link to drugs? Any priors" Voight asked.

"Yeah, believe it or not, he got popped for possession at 17. He got pulled over on a traffic stop and the cops found seven grams of cocaine on him" Kevin explained.