Ties That Bind

Long chapter

Yn's POV

"Jay, all you're doing is installing a camera, yet you're getting a bit handsy" I tell my boyfriend who was hiding a secret camera in my coat.

"I can't help that I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world" Jay said and finished installing the camera.

"I'll let you slide, but just this once" I say and adjust my coat.

Jay laughed and kissed my cheek. "Whatever, Ln. Now, are you sure you're okay doing this deal with Adam? I can have Kim or Hailey do it."

"Jay, I'll be fine" I say and take a hold of his hands. "You're acting like this is my first undercover gig, which it isn't."

"I know, but I just want you to be safe. The guns you and Adam are buying, they rip right through kevlar, and I don't want you getting hurt" Jay explained.

"Believe me, I do not want to get shot again. Once was enough for me. I'll be fine though. I'm going to have Adam with me, and you guys will be right outside" I say.

At an abandoned warehouse, we met up with Adam's CI Kurt, who was fidgeting like you wouldn't believe. Chances are, if the deal ends up going wrong, it'll be because of him. I hated having my life in a stranger's hands, and because Kurt was being anxious, I was getting nervous.

"I can't do this, man. Davis is going to kill me if he finds out I set him up" Kurt said. "Okay, just take a deep breath. All right, we're right here. Nothing's going to happen. She and I, we've done this 100 times before. We just need to catch Davis dirty, get him to tell us who's making the guns, and then you are off the hook." Adam said.

"Yeah, and I'd prefer that we make it out of here alive, so if you could stop looking like you're going to piss yourself, that'd be great" I say.

"Don't mind Yn. She's just not comfortable around strangers. Look, if you feel like he's made you, you just say the safe word. Christmastime" Adam said, just as Davis made his way into the warehouse.

"Yo, Davis. This is Sherry and her boy Chris, the ones I told you about. They move high-end weed" Kurt said.

"Isn't that supposed to be legal" Davis asked.

"It's supposed to be. The problem is, banks won't handle dope money, so we end up carrying around a lot of cash. We need a little extra protection" I say.

"How many guns you looking for" Davis asked.

"How many guns you got" Adam asked.

Davis went silent for a second, studying the three of us. At the moment, I was just hoping and praying Davis didn't make us. "Step back" Davis said and pushed through us to get to his car, which was in another room.

As soon as Davis left, I turned to Adam, and leaned up to his ear. "Adam, I think he felt my vest" I say.

"Son of a bitch. Okay. It's your call" Adam told me.

I thought about it for a second, and I soon knew what I wanted to do. "Christmastime" I say.

"Kurt, get the hell out of here right now" Adam told Kurt, who ran out of the building as fast as he could.

Adam and I both pulled out our guns and crept into the next room. Once we got there, we saw Davis digging through the trunk of his car.

"Chicago PD! Step away from the car" I shout.

Davis then turned around with an automatic in his hand and immediately started firing at us. Adam grabbed my coat and pulled me out of the way. "Damn it! Shots fired, shots fired. He's armed" Adam said into his radio before turning to me. "You all right?"