Reckoning

Yn's POV

The alarm on my phone started beeping, a sign that it was time to get up. I groaned and reached out, clicking the snooze button in an attempt to get a few more minutes of rest in. I then rolled back over, expecting to bump into Jay, but the bed was empty. That's when the events from the day before hit me, and I remembered that Jay and I had a fight. I sighed and stood up, making my way to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Once I had showered and gotten dressed and done everything else I usually do in the morning, I headed out into the living room. It was no surprise that Jay was gone. When we had fights like this, which wasn't often, we didn't speak to each other for a while. I drove myself to work today, which felt really weird since Jay usually drove the both of us. At work, I bumped into Hailey in the lobby.

"Hey. I saw Jay come in by himself earlier. You guys okay" Hailey asked me.

I shrugged and started putting my hair up into a ponytail. "We had a small fight the other night about how I went about arresting Del Toro. Jay was kind of a jerk about it too. As soon as he's ready to apologize, I'll listen" I say.

"Why don't you just apologize first" Hailey suggested.

"So, what? You're taking his side now? All I did was pursue a suspect on my own, which every single person in the Unit has done at one point or another" I explain.

"I'm not necessarily taking Jay's side, but you could've gotten seriously hurt, Yn" Hailey said.

I growled and pushed the strap of my satchel further up my shoulder. "If I knew everyone was going to grill me today, I wouldn't have come in to work" I say before heading upstairs.

As I set my stuff down at my desk, I looked up at caught Jay's eye. Our eyes didn't stay connected for long though because I soon looked away. I did not want to start a second argument when I had just gotten to work. Right now, all I wanted to do was bury myself in a case.

"All right, listen up. We've got a new target. His name is Wilson Young. He's a high level dealer for the South Side Hustlers. Got multiple priors for possession, distribution, and assault" Voight said.

"The guy's been a player for a while now, but no charges have been brought against him for four years because nothing will stick" Adam added.

"That's because he's got a protector. Brian Kelton. Bottom line is, Wilson is Kelton's 'fix it' man" Voight informed us.

"So you want to catch Wilson dirty" Antonio asked.

"Yeah, but it has got to be real dirty. It's got to be a big ticket charge. Something he can't wiggle out of. Something big enough to force him to flip on Kelton" Voight explained.

"I've got an angle. A CI of mine, Maya Shelly, she hangs out with the Southside Hustlers, and she's great with intros" Kevin said.

"Okay, good. Persuade her to set up a drug deal, and let's get eyes and ears on Wilson. We've got to move fast" Voight said.

.....................................................

Trying to make a deal with Wilson did not go as planned. He wouldn't take the bate. The good news is though, that while Kevin and Wilson were talking, Jay was able to put a tracker on Wilson's car, so now, we could see where he was all the time. I was at my desk, keeping an eye on the tracker when Kelton walked in. Every time I see him, I just want to punch him even more.

"You know, Superintendent, usually when people come up to the bullpen, I'm excited, because it's for a lead on a case. You, on the other hand, make me want to pound my head in with a sledgehammer. Have you not gotten the message that no one up here likes you" I ask him and smirk.