Bad Boys

Yn's POV

"How awesome is this? This is awesome, right" I ask Jay, who was laying in bed next to me. "This is pretty awesome" Jay said. Last night, we had moved all of Jay's clothes over to my apartment. Now, all we had to bring over was Jay's personal belongings. "I'm glad we did this" I say and roll over, moving my whole body on top of Jay. "Me too" Jay said and leaned up, placing a kiss on my lips. "I love you, Yn." "I love you too, Jay" I say. Just then, Chief jumped onto the bed and started licking Jay's face, causing him to laugh. "I love you as well Chief" he said and scratched the dog's head.

At work, Hailey walked past me with a weird look on her face, so I moved my chair over to her desk. "Hey, Hails" I say. "Hey, Yn" she said and took a seat. "What's wrong" I ask her. "What? Who said something's wrong" she asked me, again giving me a weird look. "I know that look. I created that look. You had sex last night" I say. "W-what? Who said anything about sex" Hailey asked. "Your face did. Spill the details now. Do I know this person" I ask. Again, Hailey's face gave me a clue. "Okay, so I do. Lets start with professions: lawyer, firefighter, paramedic, police officer." Hailey's face changed as soon as I said police officer.

"Okay. Do they work in this district" I ask. Another clue came from Hailey's expression. "So they do. Lets see who we've got. It's not Jay, obviously. There's Garcia from downstairs. Up here you have Voight, Antonio, Kevin, Adam." As soon as I said Adam's name, Hailey's face lit up. "Holy shit! You had sex with Adam" I say. "Shh. Quiet down, would you? I don't want that getting out" Hailey said. "All right, well, how was it" I ask her. "It was actually pretty good. I had fun, but I don't think it'll happen again" Hailey said. "What? Why not? Adam's a great guy, Hailey. Give him another chance" I say. Hailey sighed. "We'll see how things go."

"Who's presenting" Voight asked and walked into the bullpen. "That would be me, Sarge" I say and walk over to the white board, taping up the picture of a girl. "Valerie Gilchrist, 19 years old. Just graduated from the Culinary Institute. No priors, no red flags. Her sister died when they were kids, but other than that, she's led a privileged life" I say. "Do we buy her dad's story that she was there in Little Village to blog about tacos" Jay asked. "Her social media's mostly about food. Best salsas, hole in the wall. According to 'The Reader,' Coto's has the number three ranked taco in Chicago" Adam said. "Wrong place, wrong time" Kevin proclaimed.

"Check this out. We looked at the pattern of the previous robberies. The crew knew when these places would be fat and how to slip away without being detected. They case these joints, and probably ate there. It makes sense that they're from the neighborhood" Antonio said. "If they're worried about her being a witness why not just silence her there" Jay asked. "She's a white girl. Maybe they thought she was worth something" Kevin suggested. "Or they grabbed her for other reasons" Hailey quipped. "When we find this crew, we find her, so search databases for anyone convicted of robberies living around Little Village. Now let's get some extra patrol units in here, and pull in every banger with an open warrant" Voight said.

............................................

"Guys, I've got something" Kim said. "I checked the traffic cams by Coto's Taco and I got a hit on that blue Honda." She then showed us a picture of the Honda parked right next to a garbage truck, and there was a man standing right there. "Nice work. Hailey, you and Jay head over to Streets and San. Get this guy's name and go talk to him" Voight said.

So Hailey and Jay talked to the guy in the photo, whose name was Hugo, and he said that the girl got out of the car and ran in the direction of the abandoned factory down the street. Now, here we were checking said factory. "Over here. There's blood. It looks recent" Kevin said. I followed the blood trail down a hallway, and that's when I came upon Valerie's body. I ran over to her and checked her pulse, sensing the rhythm of her heart. "Guys, she's still alive, and she's got a gunshot wound" I say. "5021, George, emergency. Roll an ambo to our location. We've got a female victim, gunshot wound" Jay said into his radio.