Monster

Yn's POV

"So, first day back. What should I wear" I ask Jay as I dig through my closet. "What about that blue and white top" Jay asked as he put on his shirt. "Jay, it's cold outside. I need something with long sleeves" I say. Just then, my eyes caught sight of the perfect outfit, so I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom to get ready. Once I had put on my clothes, brushed my teeth, etc, I headed back into the bedroom to show Jay my look. "What do you think" I ask and twirl around.

I was wearing a red and white flannel hoodie along with my light blue ripped skinny jeans and black sneakers. I had also curled my hair today, which made the outfit even better. "You look great. You ready to head out? We've got that drug case to work" Jay said. "Yeah. Lets get going" I say.

At work, the case was already underway. "Julianne Hudson. Divorced, mother of two. Been in and out of rehab for the past two years" Hailey said. "And you had no idea she was Judge Wells' daughter" Voight asked. "She's going by Hudson. It's her married name" Jay clarified. "We did know she's a small-time dealer. Two of the ODs said she hooked them up with Oxy. We were flipping her to get her supplier" Hailey said. "Yeah, look, I talked to my C.I.s. This move into Lincoln Park is not the cartels. It's a new player. Nobody on our radar or Narcotics' pushing legit Oxy pills" Antonio said.

"Well, we dumped Julianne's phone, and the last call she made before she OD'd was to a Vance Williams for 32 seconds" Kevin said. "We ran muds and tolls on the 17 ODs in Lincoln Park. Six of them called this guy Vance, too" Adam said. "We also got his social security records. He's been working at the Wolcott Grill the last nine months" I say. "All right, Kim, why don't you and Antonio go talk to him" Voight said. "Listen, it's new turf, but it's the same game. Bust the dealers, flip the minnows into sharks. You know, before Tommy Wells was a judge, he was a cop. We were in the Academy together. Good police. Let's do him right."

....................................

"You know her" I ask and show Vance a picture of Julianne. "I may have seen her at the bar" Vance said. "Your manager saw you talking to Julianne yesterday. After which, she snorted 600 milligrams of OxyContin" Voight said to Vance. "That's a bummer, but that's not on me" he said. "Your recreational stash are the same pills that killed Julianne" I say and show him his bag of pills. "I want a lawyer" Vance said. "You from Chicago" Voight asked. "What's that got to do with this" Vance asked. "Are you from Chicago" Voight asked again. "Yeah, Wilmette" Vance replied. "So then you know how this city works. This is the daughter of a judge, so someone's going to pay for this. mean, if I were you, I'd want to put it on my supplier, but if you want to protect him, I'm happy to go with you, and that means you'll take the full ride for the homicide charge" Voight said. "You know, I kind of hope he eats it because this means we get to go home early" I say. "So, who's your supplier? Last chance, Vance" Voight said. "I want a deal" Vance said.

So we used Vance to get to his supplier, Frank Barrett, and set up a deal between the two of them. Somehow though, while we were watching the house, someone got in and shot Vance, killing him instantly. "Forced entry to the rear. The house wasn't tossed" Hailey said. "The M.E. puts the time of death at 11:30. Single gun shot. We're talking to the neighbors, but nothing so far" I say. "Any intel on Vance's supplier" Voight asked. "No, just what he told us. Frank Barrett. We're looking into it" Hailey said. "So, all the crime techs found was one shoe print. It's a size 11. The victim was a size nine, so it could be the killer, but it could also be the FedEx guy" Jay said. "All right, get a cast. Put it into evidence" Voight said. 

As I continued searching the backyard, I discovered something, so I went to find Voight. "Sarge, I found something" I say. "What's up" he asked. "This was in the fire pit" I say and show him what I found. "Is that a prescription bottle" Voight asked. "Yeah. There's a bunch of them. It looks like he torched them, but you can still make out bits of the label. OxyContin. They all look like they were written by the same guy too. A Dr. Lewis Macy" I say. "All right, get them over to the lab, and send Antonio and Kim to talk to this Dr. Macy" Voight said.