Absolution

Yn's POV

"Please pick up. Come on Jay" I mutter into my phone, which only beeped and said the person I wanted to talk to was not available. "Why won't you pick up?"

"Hey. You okay" Kim asked me as her and Adam walked out of the locker room.

"Have either of you guys heard from Jay" I ask. 

"No. We were supposed to get beers last night, but he never texted me back" Adam answered. 

"Something's wrong. I know it" I say as we entered the bullpen and I wiped my eyes to keep the tears away. "Please tell me one of you guys has heard from Jay."

"Yn, what's going on" Voight asked me.

"I'm kind of freaking out right now. Jay never made it home last night. And if he was staying somewhere he would have texted me" I respond.

"Maybe he crashed at Will's" Hailey suggested.

"I thought so too, so I called Will, but he said Jay wasn't there" I say.

"Hey, is Halstead on a UC run" Platt asked as she walked up the stairs. 

"Not that I know about" Voight replied. 

"Well, the State's Attorney is all over me. He's supposed to be in court right now. I ran the GPS on his truck. It's parked on a street in Englewood" Platt said. 

"How long has it been there" Voight questioned. 

"All night. I ran the in-service calls to that block. There were two calls of suspicious persons at a house on that street" Trudy stated. 

"All right. We'll check it out" Voight said.

At the address, we found Jay's truck with both his gun and badge in the glove compartment. Inside of the house Jay had parked in front of, there was blood in the kitchen, and the whole place was torn apart. There was still no sign of Jay, and I was getting more worried by the minute.

"The whole house is torn apart. They came here looking for something or someone. Jay must've got caught in the middle of it" Adam told Voight. 

"I found a . 38 shell casing on the kitchen floor" Hailey added. 

"Do we have a name" Voight asked. 

"Angela Nelson. She lives here with her son. She's got one prior for possession" I say. 

"Is she on Jay's books as a CI" Voight questioned. 

"No" Adam replied. 

"Hey. A neighbor over there saw two Latino men casing the house last night. Later on, he thought he heard gunshots, but wasn't sure" Vanessa informed us. 

"All right, Jay is missing. I want every agency on alert" Voight said. 

"Sarge, we can't do that" Hailey spoke. 

"What the hell are you talking about" Voight asked. 

Hailey sighed and pulled Voight and I away from the rest of the team. Whatever was going on, Hailey must have known something. I mean, her and Jay were partners after hall.

"The woman who lives in that house, Angela Nelson, she was married to Marcus West" Hailey said. 

"Marcus West, the addict who got killed at County" Voight asked.

"Yeah. I think Jay still blames himself for that. He's been seeing her. Not romantically. He's been spending time with her and her son Bobby trying to help them out" Hailey responded.